If I delete Cogs, will I be able to re-download my Puzzle Packs for free?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by MasterChief3624, Apr 3, 2010.

1. MasterChief3624

MasterChief3624 Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2009
    I am on my way to deleting Cogs from my iPhone, but before I do, will I be able to recover my downloaded puzzle packs for free the next time I install it on here? Or will I have to pay again?

The only reason I ask is because I don't see a "Retrieve downloads" button anywhere like games such as Rock Band have, so I was a little worried.

2. tzual

tzual Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2009
    Yes. I have done it.

3. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Yes -- iTunes won't allow you to pay twice for the same download, even if there's not "retrieve" button.

4. Tmonine

Tmonine Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2009
    Casual
    Australia
    If you like the game why delete it?

5. Random_Guy

Random_Guy Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    Why do you want to delete it anyway?

6. MasterChief3624

MasterChief3624 Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2009
    Thank you for the help :)

The reason I was going to delete is because I wanted my iPhone to look less cluttered, and started deleting apps that I don't play anymore/have the urge to play anymore. Cogs was one of those games, and I didn't like playing it much because it was just a glorified sliding puzzle, and I suck at those immensely, and hit a wall in the levels because I can't pass a certain one.

But before I delete any app for sure, I start it up and try to play it once more, to see if it really will be okay to delete. Of course I did the same with Cogs, but this time I played the Challenge mode, where you have only ten moves to complete the puzzle. That right there hooked me right back into the game, and I realized that my strategy to beating the levels has been incredibly stupid :p

So I was going to delete it because it was one of the many apps I had on my iPhone that was just taking up space, and I never had the urge to play it. But I decided that it wasn't worth deleting after I peeled away that extra layer of gameplay :p

Thank you again for the help with the in-app purchases question, though. It helps a lot :)