Outwitters - New Game from One Man Left (Devs of Tilt to Live)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by crex, Apr 4, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    #1 crex, Apr 4, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2011
    One Man Left has announced on its blog Game II (working title probably). They have said that it will be something completely different.

The developer has stated on thier blog:

"I’d like to start by saying that we love Tilt to Live, and there’s still a long list of update ideas we could try. This is probably not the last you’ll see of the old arrow n’ dots, but let’s give it a rest for now. We feel a need to demonstrate to ourselves and the world that we are no one-trick pony. We want to be such a tricky pony!
    In that spirit: Game II is a multiplayer-focused, turn-based strategy game for everyone. “For everyone” means that you won’t have to play a 25 minute tutorial before you can start having fun. There aren’t 30 buttons onscreen, there’s no dialogue to skip, and you don’t have to be a space marine. Turn-based meaning you can play a match all in one sitting, or back and forth at your convenience like Words with Friends.
    The prototype is literally just being finished, so not a ton of details feature-wise yet. We’re definitely going for local and online multiplayer (with matchmaking), so you can have fun with a friend or with a Stranger Danger. You’ll have a number of races to choose from, each with a unique advantage on the battlefield. Below are some characters concepts for the Plant and Cuddly teams (“for everyone” also means there’s a cuddly team)."

Here is the pic from their blog:

[​IMG]

"Also pictured: a severed head from the Robot team. Production for Game II is now in full swing, and it will be ready for release later this year on iPhone, iPod Touch, & iPad. Whether it will be two apps or universal has yet to be determined. We’ll continue blogging this weekly-ish with additional artwork and updates on our progress."

[​IMG]

Other Pictures from their Blog:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Ashflow

Ashflow Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2011
    MI
    Sounds interesting, and we know its gonna be polished if it's from onemanleft.

Thanks for the news! (Like I needed another iOS game else to look forward to this year :p)

*adds to 'upcoming' wishlist*

3. steviebwoy

steviebwoy Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2011
    e-Systems Analyst
    Cornwall, UK
    Looks intriguing, are we talking about a Worms-clone here I wonder?

4. NamazuSam

NamazuSam Active Member

Mar 2, 2010
    Game developer at Namazu Studios
    San Diego, CA
    I'm sure this will be fantastic. I'm excited that the new game will be in a totally different genre. I wonder if it'll play something like Advance Wars (my favorite turn-based strategy series).

5. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    OneManLeft is a pretty good studio, this will be something quite different from Worms, and quite good.

6. Abisco

Abisco Well-Known Member

Feb 22, 2010
    On the internet.
    INSTABUY! One of the few developers I trust and love! :)

7. doodlejumper

doodlejumper Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Stuck in traffic
    One Man Left has to be good, but I'm not in love with the concept.

8. lucky_seven

lucky_seven Well-Known Member

Mar 10, 2011
    What?I sthis the game taht i played which made me frustrating...:eek:

9. steviebwoy

Feb 17, 2011
    e-Systems Analyst
    Cornwall, UK
    OP: you left out this rather important quote from the blog (which followed after the image):

"Also pictured: a severed head from the Robot team. Production for Game II is now in full swing, and it will be ready for release later this year on iPhone, iPod Touch, & iPad. Whether it will be two apps or universal has yet to be determined. We’ll continue blogging this weekly-ish with additional artwork and updates on our progress."

One to watch, definitely.

10. crex

crex Doctor of Game of the Week-ology

Oct 18, 2010
    Everywhere and Nowhere
    thnx. Added it to first post. :)

11. Dazarath

Dazarath Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2010
    +1

I'll probably end up buying the game regardless, just because it's from OML, but I was kind of hoping for something a little more arcade-y.

12. doodlejumper

doodlejumper Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Stuck in traffic
    Exactly. But you can't possibly top perfection, right?

13. steviebwoy

Feb 17, 2011
    e-Systems Analyst
    Cornwall, UK
    Give it a chance I reckon guys, personally I think this is going to be epic, especially when you consider how darned good Tilt to Live was! :) TBS ftw! :D

14. Jdragoon19

Jdragoon19 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2010
    TouchArcade Forums
    Area 51
    Outwitters - New Game from One Man Left (Devs of Tilt to Live)

According to TouchArcades article,

I loved Tilt to Live and I'm gonna assume that One Man Left will create a magnificent game! They didn't let us down with Tilt to Live so i think One Man Left won't let us down on this game either!

"Outwitters is due out later this year at an unannounced price for the iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad."

15. stonery

stonery Well-Known Member

Apr 1, 2011
    Editor
    Neverland
    I belong to cuddly team!!!

16. steviebwoy

Feb 17, 2011
    e-Systems Analyst
    Cornwall, UK
    One slight concern I have is whether or not this allows offline multiplayer - ie. same device. There doesn't seem to be much of an indication of this, so far?

17. strivemind

strivemind Well-Known Member

Game looks great. Looking forward to it.

18. Jdragoon19

Jdragoon19 Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2010
    TouchArcade Forums
    Area 51
    #18 Jdragoon19, May 12, 2011
    Last edited: May 12, 2011
    some screenshots:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Soldier: Balance of speed & strength
    Runner: Fast mover, weak fighter
    Heavy: Packs a punch, but gets around a little slower
    Medic: Lover, not a fighter
    Sniper: Long-range, low mobility
    Special Unit: Unique for each race
    The sixth unit isn’t a “super unit” at the time of this writing. You can create one for the same price as anything else, and use it whenever you want. They may not march effortlessly across the battlefield leaving only devastation in their wake, but they do have unique abilities to keep your opponents on their toes.

For the Feedback in our prototype, the special unit is called a Scrambler. It’s an incredibly persuasive, cybernetic floating brain. It’s special power: possession! If you manage to corner an enemy with a Scrambler, you can instantly brainwash him to join your team. It’ll even hijack another race’s special unit, so you can use their own abilities against them."[/QUOTE]
    All of this info and screenshots are from the theirOne Man Left Outwitters website.

19. Ashflow

Ashflow Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2011
    MI
    Those technically aren't screenshots ;)
    (but we know what you mean :))

20. TheDukester

TheDukester Well-Known Member

According to the FAQ, it's doubtful there will be an AI presence or any sort of campaign mode.

A turn-based strategy game without AI ... yeah, that makes sense. What a colossal mistake.