Quest Runner RPG - Coming Soon -

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by SadRobot, Jun 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SadRobot

SadRobot Active Member

Jul 7, 2010
    #1 SadRobot, Jun 1, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2011
    Hello Everyone!

Our Upcoming Role playing Game 'Quest Runner' is complete and should be available on app store soon.

We like to share some preview media with Touch Arcade Community members, thanks for any feedback as well.

Description
    Take a journey to the Mobile Town of Torma.
    Join the Quest Runners Guild and help defend the town from monsters and assist villagers with unique tasks.

Lend a hand to the farmers in Pokke Fields with defeating the Bee King and his minions. Defend the Pokke mines from an onslaught of giant spiders. Join Pirates in their battle against a Giant Sock Puppet Squid and so much more.

Unlock new skills, quests, weapons and armour as you journey further into the World of Torma and meet all its eccentric characters.

Customize your Hero with the loot you find, and unlock secret gear to really make each play through unique.

Can you make it through your first days as a Junior Quest Runner and learn what it takes to be the real Hero of Torma?

Main Quest Runner Site
    http://www.trident3d.com/

Development Blog - See some behind the scenes stuff -
    http://questrunner.blogspot.com/

Our Twitter
    http://twitter.com/#!/questrunner

[​IMG]

Features
    - Action Adventure iOS RPG Universal and Retina Display.
    - Train Pets and Hire Mercenaries to help you with your Quests.
    - Huge 2.5D World to Explore
    - Easy to use touch based controls.
    - Comical and Entertaining Characters and Story.
    - Auto Inventory Management
    - Pick and Play Quests made for mobile play.

Gameplay Preview Trailer

Game is actually 30-60fps on most devices this video capture didn't handle OpenGL well, but overall did a pretty good job.

Soundtrack Preview Site
    http://questrunner.bandcamp.com/

2. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Well, that's a blast from the past. So glad that you actually completed the game -- it looks great.

3. Tyra

Tyra Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2011
    Illustration & Graphic Designs
    Germany
    Hello!
    I have red that I can customize my character - that´s great! I love such things! But is it possible to play as a woman too?

And what does "available soon" mean? ^_____^

4. twick

twick Well-Known Member

May 15, 2009
    That looks very entertaining. I love the subtle humor. Looks like an Instant Buy.

5. SadRobot

SadRobot Active Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Thanks @Squarezero hah yeah I think it was almost a year to the date when we posted first preview to TA.

@Tyra, Thanks the characters are customizable and anything you buy or find will also be reflected visually on them.

The girl version of player character got put on hold as every player item had to be redrawn twice. (I did start drawing her but being the only artist it was a lot to draw:D)

We plan on adding girl hero character back in a update, you can hire female mercenaries to join your party in the meantime.:)

We submitted yesterday so pending no issues from Apple soon means maybe this week!

6. Tyra

Tyra Well-Known Member

Feb 3, 2011
    Illustration & Graphic Designs
    Germany
    So that are great news for me! :D
    I am looking forward to the release - and also for the update (one day). I am an illustrator too, so I can understand the level of your single hard work - keep on going, it´s great! :)

7. SadRobot

SadRobot Active Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Thanks for the compliments! Everyone.

I thought I show you guy how the game looks in retina display since most of the current screenshots are regular iPhone resolution. YOu can also get a idea of what it looks like on iPad too.

[​IMG]

8. BazookaTime

BazookaTime Well-Known Member

Looks fantastic.

9. darioslzr

darioslzr Well-Known Member

May 31, 2011
    Excellent image!

10. V3RMILLION

V3RMILLION Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2011
    This looks great. I can't wait to play it.

11. Dorian

Dorian Member

Dec 18, 2010
    #11 Dorian, Jun 2, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2011
    It reminds me slightly of Adventure Quest, even though of course AQ was turn-based. This game looks excellent.
    I have one question simply out of curiosity... In the trailer we see mostly 2D sprites, but the Mine/cavern's background was shown to be 3D as he hero walked through it. I just thought it was an interesting effect and was wondering if there's more cases of 3D mixed with 2D in this game?

edit: Just watched the trailer a second time... Zelda references? I'm sold. Really looking forward to the writing in this game as well. Excited to get my hands on it soon! :)

12. twick

twick Well-Known Member

May 15, 2009
    Sweet. Will be waiting for the approval.

13. SadRobot

SadRobot Active Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Thanks for the compliments again everyone!

@Dorian, The Backgrounds are all 3D mixed with 2D some of them feature more dramatic 3D effects such as the Mines and Beach.

I painted the textures on them so that they appear to be 2D backgrounds but when moving have parallax, depth and other neat 3D effects.

The Video don't do it much justice but combined with the high res 2D sprites it looks like moving modern Cartoon.

Glad you Noticed the Zelda references! We put in more homages to retro and modern games all over Quest Runner.

This is one of the more "Rare" suits you can find in the game.

[​IMG]

Looks like another fast runner let our Hero borrow his shoes!
    There many more hidden suits and homages like this in the game!

14. BazookaTime

Ready to buy...hope Apple hurries up.

15. SadRobot

SadRobot Active Member

Jul 7, 2010
    #15 SadRobot, Jun 3, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2011
    [​IMG]

Thought we show some a bit more of Quest Runners retro game homages, this area is a bit different in final game but that tree trunk looks like we seen it's before.

The Legend of Zelda is one my favorite games ever. One of the quests in game involves this tree trunk that looks similar to Dungeon 1 in the original Legend of Zelda.

16. BazookaTime

Any status change with Apple?

17. twick

twick Well-Known Member

May 15, 2009
    Yes, if there is an update I require it immediately. :p

Also... I loved Zelda as well.. the retro stuff not the new crap.

18. New England Gamer

New England Gamer Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 30, 2009
    Looks awesome! Waiting with baited breath - any news?

19. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    Another great looking universal RPG, instabuy for me! What is going to be the release price?

20. BazookaTime

Apple has been messing with this for eight days now, maybe they could let us play it?

Any updates?