Nintendo Switch

Discussion in 'Nintendo Switch Games' started by crunc, Oct 20, 2016.

1. OrangutanKungfu

OrangutanKungfu Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2015
    Media
    UK
    Congratulations on incoming little one! I'm not going to lie, my PS3 has been little more than a DVD player si8nce the birth of my first child nearly seven years ago - apart from the first three or four months or so, when I used to take her downstairs around 6am and play Fallout 3 or Bioshock while she slept on my chest (it was the only place she'd stop crying).

2. imdakine1

imdakine1 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Thanks! I didn't even upgrade from my PS3 as I moved to iOS gaming... I'm glad I bought the Switch literally as I stated for BOTW. I'm now tempted by Splatoon 2, Mario rabid or whatever, and Mario. Our baby is expected around October 28th which I believe is near the launch of Mario so I see my gaming paddles being hung up for a while.... not that I'm complaining as we are so excited.

I'm debating if I should get Splatoon 2 or Mario rabida whatever it's called or be real and just play BOTW!

I'm also torn as I saw the Layton game come out on iOS and thought geez... maybe that on iOS and BOTW on the Switch and I'll be set! On top of the other 40 games sitting on my iPhone and iPad waiting to be played... hahaha.... likely it'll be a long time before I'll get to play them...

3. RHess00

RHess00 Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 28, 2012
    You can still game some with a baby. I had a rocking chair glider when my daughters were babies and I would sit there and hold them while they slept and play PS2 games. Now toddlers are a different story. Sometimes I could get by with giving them an unplugged controller so they could pretend they were playing but that didn't always work. More often than not I was chasing them around the house making sure they didn't injure themselves.

4. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    Just thought I'd chime in with my 2ยข worth about the Switch I just bought today.

FANTASTIC!

I played about two hours worth of BotW so far and that singular game is sooo worth the price of entry. I came in expecting a good experience from all I've been reading, but I am floored by just how free and seamless it really is.

I also bought Spla2n, however, my gf is currently involved with it, she seems to be enjoying it. I'll give it a go when she goes to bed.

The system itself seems very neat and uncluttered. Clean UI, coupled with quick as hell game updates and internet access make it leaps and bounds above the Wii U.

I see Sony and Microsoft needing to really step into the new generation of console gaming to even have a shred of a chance of drawing me away from the Big N.

It's great to be excitedly gaming with Nintendo again.

5. Amenbrother

Amenbrother Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Doom is coming to Switch!

6. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    Nba 2K18 is on Switch right now! Full fledged console version too!

7. OrangutanKungfu

Dec 29, 2015
    Media
    UK
    I'm surprisingly really excited by this! The shine came off the FPS genre for me a long time ago, but the announcement of DOOM and Wolfenstein for the Switch have come at the right time. Got to say, I love the support from Bethesda.

I'm still just scratching the surface of Splatoon 2 at the moment, which is my main Switch game on the TV, but I love it (which might be why I'm willing to return to the FPS scene). Got through the first world, and then dipped my toes into the online multiplayer - and it's as great as everyone says, even for a total noob.

Out and about, I've been focusing on playing some of the 2D platformers. Finished Wonder Boy and Blaster Master Zero, which were both excellent yet different, so now I've gone back to Shovel Knight to play the Plague Knight campaign - again, I really like it.

Not fussed about NBA2K (basketball isn't my scene), but Fifa Switch is definitely on the cards. And I've preordered Super Mario Odyssey...

8. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    Man playing a full fledged console game on the Switch is kinda amazing! Its NBA 2K18 for me and I will def grab all of those Bethesda games they announced too.

9. Taeles

Taeles Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 5, 2011
    Steam World Dig 2 -two thumbs up!-

10. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    Man totally agree! I am really loving it so far!

11. Teknikal

Teknikal Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    Haven't really been keeping track of the switch but I think someone mentioned before Nintendo was working on making Bluetooth headphones actually usable which is the main reason I lost interest in the Switch.

It's been a while now since then and just curious if they ever followed through in fixing them.

12. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    Not sure actually.

13. Taeles

Taeles Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 5, 2011
    Ok this is my first wallet expensive release week since the switch hit lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPB7YkrXGM8
    Oxenfree
    Survival horror, story driven? 20usd, available some time today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTHa24FgpQM
    Earth Atlantis
    Metroidvania meets bullet hell shooter with a 'monster hunting gameplay' mechanic. Oh and gorgeous artstyle. 15usd, available now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4tN7iyq71k
    Stardew Valley
    Farming simulator type thingie, really popular on steam and elsewhere. 15usd, available now.

14. 7lilwhitewolf7

7lilwhitewolf7 Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2012
    Male
    Not hear on earth
    Georgia,Cleveland Ohio,Texas,New York
    Nintendo Switch = #
    StudioMDHR Cuphead = #

15. OrangutanKungfu

Dec 29, 2015
    Media
    UK
    It's flipping amazing. Got it day one, because I was such a big fan of SteamWorld Heist on iOS, but Dig 2 is just as good, albeit in a different way. Kept me up way too late two consecutive nights now.

Tempted by Stardew Valley, Golf Story and Axiom Verge too, but my wishlist is already about 20 games long, and Super Mario Odyssey arrives in the post in a couple of weeks.

16. RHess00

Patreon Bronze

Apr 28, 2012
    Anyone else playing Super Mario Odyssey? It really has that Super Mario 64 feel. Amazing so far. I love the old school Mario sections.

17. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    Ordered a neon Switch for xmas. Figured I should get that soon in case supplies get tight closer to Xmas. But I guess it's not that hard to get one any more. I ordered it on amazon.

18. Amenbrother

Jun 24, 2011
    Wow

I absolutely cannot wait for Doom and Skyrim!!!!!!!

19. RHess00

Patreon Bronze

Apr 28, 2012
    I'm pretty excited for Skyrim too. I loved Oblivion but I got out of console gaming before Skyrim came out. I'm already thinking about how to build my character. I'll probably go with a stealth, rogue archer.

20. Andy C83

Andy C83 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Over the Rainbow
    Amazing game.. there's so much to see and do, especially after beating the main story. Just incredible.