Civilization Type Game?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by yeah yeah, Jun 19, 2017.

1. yeah yeah

yeah yeah Well-Known Member

Jun 2, 2009
    Anyone have any suggestions for a Civilization type game? I feel like the one for iOS is too watered down. What does everyone suggest? Can be WW2 or world powers like Civ.

2. baconcow

baconcow Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2017
    #2 baconcow, Jun 19, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 19, 2017
    For a deep game, I have read that Starbase Orion is a great 4X game. I am hoping to get it once I get my iPad, but it also plays on the iPhone. I believe it has a good amount of depth to it, but I am not sure how similar it is to the Civilization games. Pocket Tactics wrote a good article about how it has become very polished and quite deep (Source).

As an alternative to the Civilization games, Polytopia is quite decent, and would likely be good to play on the iPhone. It is nowhere as deep as the Civilization PC games (never played the mobile Civ games), but is good for a mobile game. It is also free, with extra civilizations costing $1-3 USD each. This way, you can try it and see if it fits your desired depth.

3. yeah yeah

Jun 2, 2009
    Going to try Starbase Orion. I tried it years ago when it first came out and it was a bit lacking. I have it downloaded, so I'll get into it. I've also downloaded Starategy and Tactics as well.

4. JahPE

JahPE Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2016
    World of empires!

5. thumbs07

thumbs07 Well-Known Member

Jul 20, 2010
    UK
    Age of Rivals has just come out this week or so. A card game based on civilisation.

And of course Polytopia is brilliant as well

6. OrangutanKungfu

OrangutanKungfu Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2015
    Media
    UK
    Planar Conquest is one of the more involved 4X games out there. Has a very passionate following - check out its enormous TA thread!

7. yeah yeah

Jun 2, 2009
    Any more suggestions? Keep em coming