Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 10-19-2014, 02:42 AM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

PvP DROPS things now! Holy crap yes!

When I claim my number #1 spot on the leaderboard for november it will be quite lucrative, hrmm hrmm.

Edit: I'm pretty bummed that you cant use two tactical tech mods at the same time. I wanted to use a DPS and cooldown mod at the same time. But I'm pretty excited to see a single torpedo dish out 150k damage. When I get my tunguska you will all fear me.

Edit Edit: I guess you can use them both at the same time, but you have to trigger the cooldown mod first and then the DPS mod.

Last edited by Bizzutts; 10-19-2014 at 12:59 PM..
Old 10-19-2014, 10:34 PM
iPad mini

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krishek View Post
I'll start by pretty much agreeing across the board with everything Bizzuts and Mookmonster have said. Your points are pretty much dead on. There really isn't much left to complain about with all the recent hot fixes. I'd also say that at this point, as far as PvP goes, strategy trumps gear 90% of the time. I know this because I have the worst luck ever in the forge.

High Pop and Trazer, you seem to be having pretty good success with your forging. Is it just luck or do you have some technique I'm maybe unaware of? (That is if you're willing to part with it)
I'm not doing anything special, just doing it the hard way. Three of the same thing to get a green. Three greens to get to blue. Three blues to get to purple. Then, maybe if I'm lucky three purple give me a legendary. Maybe half the time three purples just gives me one purple back though which is annoying as all hell. The lower colors are pretty reliable in moving up though.

I did go through a random spate of forging fighters and bombers from scratch that were all blue or purple to start off with fresh out of the forge. Maybe 10 or more in a row, I'm not complaining, but it went away and now literally everything I forge from scratch comes out basic. I just keep three forge tabs plugging along all the time now.

Takes WAY too long to get to legendary, I'd give anything to get some higher level turret drops in the game. Maybe when you play pvp and win there is a chance of winning a copy of an opponents turret or fighter/bomber? I don't want them to lose it, just get a copy of it. Be a cool way to encourage pvp play!
Old 10-20-2014, 03:10 AM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

I'd like to see some bounties for PvP, and maybe some rewards for doing well in the leaderboards (unique ships??)

i'm 20 AM from my tunguska its driving me crazy
Old 10-21-2014, 12:23 AM
iPad 2, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by trazer View Post
I'm not doing anything special, just doing it the hard way. Three of the same thing to get a green. Three greens to get to blue. Three blues to get to purple. Then, maybe if I'm lucky three purple give me a legendary. Maybe half the time three purples just gives me one purple back though which is annoying as all hell. The lower colors are pretty reliable in moving up though.

I did go through a random spate of forging fighters and bombers from scratch that were all blue or purple to start off with fresh out of the forge. Maybe 10 or more in a row, I'm not complaining, but it went away and now literally everything I forge from scratch comes out basic. I just keep three forge tabs plugging along all the time now.

Takes WAY too long to get to legendary, I'd give anything to get some higher level turret drops in the game. Maybe when you play pvp and win there is a chance of winning a copy of an opponents turret or fighter/bomber? I don't want them to lose it, just get a copy of it. Be a cool way to encourage pvp play!

This. I save all green or better items and combine the same colors, hoping for an upgrade. I also buy a lot of modules from the shop to go in the forge: most of my money is spent on green items. When I'm low on gold (I like to keep 1.5M on hand in case I see a nice pink item for sale) the forge just forges materials. I use the gold farming crew guy to increase gold yield.

Anecdotally, I think the forge odds improved with the patch. I've gotten half a dozen legendaries from the forge, two from scratch. 15 hour forge time = legendary turret.

Last edited by High Popalorum; 10-21-2014 at 12:26 AM..
Old 10-21-2014, 03:25 PM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

Threw my shiny new tunguska in the forge to hopefully up its rarity. 2 days, 6 hours.

That ship is freakin awesome though. I use a shield, tactical torpedo cooldown and dps mods, and a hardwired torpedo range mod. I use two torpedos and a beam with an improved crit chance. Launch all the torpedos from far away, if they have trouble finding their target I zoom in and crit stun them with the beam.
Old 10-21-2014, 07:38 PM
iPad 2, OS 4.x

Tunguska is pretty slick. I don't pay much attention to PVP, but it is the best farming ship I've found. I use lasers for PVE.
Old Yesterday, 02:54 AM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

Nobody's talking about the new ships that were released with the patch. So I'm guessing either they're no good or you guys are just not interested in trying them out. :P

I'm quite interested in hearing someone who's tried out either the Blue Bullet or the Spitfire. Might try and get either one, although I was originally going to buy a Shadow Force.
Old Today, 07:59 AM

Does anyone hve the moon shaped ship? I so how did you get that?