Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 08-11-2013, 04:18 PM

Timers: Why would a game try to stop you from playing it? The point of a game is to play it. This is anti-fun, and that is anti-profitable.
Why would people actually pay to set the timer to zero one time when that's like "monthly subscription" taken way past up to eleven?

Internet required for single player: No reason for this to ever happen, period.
Doesn't even make sense as DRM for this as it's a free game. Ya think I pirated it? :P
When are the developers of games going to realize DRM only hurts the non-pirates? And that this is just plain bad. Connection hiccup! Boom, game basically crashed! Your progress, gone! Why does this still exist?!

These "features" should have crashed and burned immediately, with an explosion so violent some of their pieces hit the moon and sent it out of orbit.

Insta-delete.
Game Over. Try Again?

Last edited by Intendro; 08-11-2013 at 04:22 PM..
Old 08-12-2013, 03:07 AM
Banned
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intendro View Post
Timers: Why would a game try to stop you from playing it? The point of a game is to play it. This is anti-fun, and that is anti-profitable.
Why would people actually pay to set the timer to zero one time when that's like "monthly subscription" taken way past up to eleven?

Internet required for single player: No reason for this to ever happen, period.
Doesn't even make sense as DRM for this as it's a free game. Ya think I pirated it? :P
When are the developers of games going to realize DRM only hurts the non-pirates? And that this is just plain bad. Connection hiccup! Boom, game basically crashed! Your progress, gone! Why does this still exist?!

These "features" should have crashed and burned immediately, with an explosion so violent some of their pieces hit the moon and sent it out of orbit.

Insta-delete.
Game Over. Try Again?
Yeah, pretty much.

The timers are bad enough, but the upgrades are extremely IAP driven. Not sure if you are being rhetorical, but to answer you question, they want the timers there because it is an endless form of payment. If you want to continue to play, you have to continue to pay. It's like going to an arcade and continually dropping in quarters. The problem arrises for those people who want to own the game outright. Also, when you go to an arcade and put quarters in, you are getting the entire gaming experience. With Freemium, you are getting the most out of the game depending on how much money you are willing to pay into it.

I am just so sick of this nonsense. It's really turning me off to iOS gaming, getting excited for a release just to find out that the entire experience will be polluted by Freemium dual currencies, wait timers, difficulty spikes, consumable IAP and advertisements. At every turn is another form of solicitation or some other kind of roadblock preventing the enjoyment the game would be delivering with a Premium experience.

It's shameful that I am ASKING to pay this company money for a game I can truly play, yet there is no option to do so. Shameful and sad. There are only two options at this point: play Lost Levels, or offer a Premium version. Other than that, this game in its current form is dead on arrival.

Last edited by SumoSplash; 08-12-2013 at 03:31 AM..