Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Upcoming iPhone and iPad Games

Old 10-14-2014, 11:52 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Haha, nice one
We definitely won't release in October and the first half of November. You're right, we only have the GC integration to finish but Max is currently on honeymoon for a couple of weeks so it's been pushed back to the end of October. Then we have the Apple submission process which can easily take a couple more weeks, and that's it, it's the second half of November already. Time flies!
But please stay with us while we're finishing the game. We really can't wait to put it in your hands and that's gotta happen eventually right?!!
Old 10-14-2014, 12:48 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul-spacebears View Post
Haha, nice one
We definitely won't release in October and the first half of November. You're right, we only have the GC integration to finish but Max is currently on honeymoon for a couple of weeks so it's been pushed back to the end of October. Then we have the Apple submission process which can easily take a couple more weeks, and that's it, it's the second half of November already. Time flies!
But please stay with us while we're finishing the game. We really can't wait to put it in your hands and that's gotta happen eventually right?!!
Nice to hear from you again! Looking forward to the release and I'm sure the end-result will be great!

Since the ai is done, can you tell us something about how that works? Will there be many different difficulties and maybe even personalities? The Catch-up-guys did a cool thing with adaptive difficulty. Could we expect something similar from Kingdom?

Will there be GC-achievements as well?

Pedroapan
Old 10-16-2014, 03:15 PM

It feel like chain reaction game
Old 10-18-2014, 09:38 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

The AI will feature 3 difficulty levels. We do not plan to have adaptive difficulty nor different personalities, at least for the launch. After testing the AI at EGX we figured out some ways to make it a bit more interesting but we're already quite happy with its current state. The Hard AI is a tough one, while the easier levels provide a more aggressive, fast-paced challenge. We're obviously looking forward to having your feedback on it once it's out!

As far as Game Center achievements go, we had a brainstorm session with lots of cool ideas and we hope to have some implemented for the launch. It's not a priority though, compared to finishing GC match-ups and ironing out the tutorial and the few remaining things that we have to fix
Old 11-08-2014, 03:41 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Hi guys!

Here's an update on what happened during the past few weeks:

Paperwork

That's it, the company's finally created! We're still allocating some time to paperwork but it feels great to have this huge milestone behind us now!

iOS 8

We've had to spend some time fixing visual bugs and layout issues due to the new larger iPhones and iOS8. This is now done and Kingdoms looks great on iPhone 6 and 6 Plus.

Localization

Thanks to very friendly people, we now have the game translated in:
- English
- French
- Italian
- Spanish
- Portuguese
- German
- Swedish
- Japanese
- both simplified and traditional Chinese
We're still hoping to have Arabic and Russian too before launch but we're already glad to work on a game as inclusive as possible.

Beta

We're still thinking about using the new iOS 8 built-in Testflight beta to give a few lucky users (you) the chance to help us find potential bugs and validate gameplay tweaks before the official release. We'll tell you more as soon as we make up our minds about it.
In the meantime, I'd strongly advise to keep an eye on this thread and our newsletter: http://tinyletter.com/spacebears

And here's a little surprise that we hope you will enjoy!

That's right, (wip) game replays! We're building this with very simple web tech. What that means is that we're able to display a replay in-app at the end of a game but also basically anywhere else, as long as it supports basic Javascript and CSS3!
You'll be able to share and watch Kingdoms replays to learn new moves and understand what went wrong or right in your strategy!
As you can tell, it's still not as polished as the rest but we'll be improving this over time so that your replays can look as good as the game itself.

Well, that's it for today guys! Feel free to ask me any question!
Old 11-08-2014, 03:48 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Wow!
Nice update!!!
Replays are a great idea!!!!!

As for the beta, you have my axe :P
Old 11-08-2014, 05:51 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Ok, now I want to get my hands on this game. Will be glad to help you guys with betatesting if you let me.

Pedroapan
Old 11-09-2014, 09:16 AM
iPhone 6, iOS 8.x

This game looks a lot like the boardgames Inverse, by Don&Co.
Where did you guys get your inspiration?
Old 11-10-2014, 07:12 AM

I had a chance to try a Kingdoms demo at EGX London this fall and I really liked it. Even though I lost every single go to my husband

It's a very neat and clever game in it's simplicity and I'm looking forward to the release. Good luck!

Jutta/Glad Game Studio
Old 11-10-2014, 10:28 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitta View Post
Wow!
Nice update!!!
Replays are a great idea!!!!!

As for the beta, you have my axe :P
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedroapan View Post
Ok, now I want to get my hands on this game. Will be glad to help you guys with betatesting if you let me.

Pedroapan
Thank you guys! Don't worry, you'll be the first to hear about it if it happens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sven - Monkube View Post
This game looks a lot like the boardgames Inverse, by Don&Co.
Where did you guys get your inspiration?
We have never played this game, we'll try to have a look at it!
We covered Kingdoms' origins in this blogpost if you're interested!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GladGameStudio View Post
I had a chance to try a Kingdoms demo at EGX London this fall and I really liked it. Even though I lost every single go to my husband

It's a very neat and clever game in it's simplicity and I'm looking forward to the release. Good luck!

Jutta/Glad Game Studio
Thank you very much! We're glad you stopped by and liked the game!