Help me decide!

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Muzic <3, Dec 10, 2009.

1. Muzic <3

Muzic <3 Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2009
    I need some help. I have cash to spend and want a good time consuming rpg. Which is better. Seed or ravensword? Is there anything better than those two?thanks in advance.

2. RankoSao

RankoSao Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2009
    College Student
    State of Hysteria
    Get Yipe or Inotia 2, IMO

3. Balu`

Balu` Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    Hungary
    I personally didn't try Seed, but Ravensword is fun. Also, Yipe is great too, as RankoSao said!

4. MooKings

MooKings Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2009
    In Earth...
    I also didn't try seed but ravensword is awesome....

5. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

ravensword is 3D and 3PS/FPS!! Says enaugh! :p

6. RankoSao

RankoSao Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2009
    College Student
    State of Hysteria
    yeah, says "dont buy this"... Being an FPS is NOT a selling point for an RPG.. if the best thing you can say about this RPG is that its an FPS, then there is problems.

7. Elkas

Elkas Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    I just bought Seed and I'm a little bit dissapointed, the Sprites are a little bit too funky, but the Faces in the Dialogues are Really Smooth, which doesn't Fit. At Gameplay level it is Extremely Cool, you can use more than one weapon, Sword, Lance, Gun and a Staff, the Sword is Quick and Effective, the Lance is Slow but Strong, the Gun is also Slow (You need to recharge eachtime you shot. NOTE: with the Default Gun, haven't tried any others) but Ranged and Effective, and with the Staff you can Cast Magic, with each Weapon you develop differet abilities, and you decide in which weapons you use your Skill Points (Yes, you don't use the Skill Points on the Characters but on the Weapons). Still, I totally hate the Design of the Sprites, it totally disturbs me, Oh and the Navigation Menu is also funky... But the Story Line is Good and Gameplay too.

Ravensword, I personally don't like it because I prefer more 2D RPGs, or if it's going to be 3D, it better have good graphics (I found Ravensword's Graphics a lil' bit funky, but that might just be the Impediment of the iPhone's Hardware)
    But from what I've seen, people totally loves the game and the Developers are working non-stop on the New Expansion, maybe you should wait until the expansion comes out.

Inotia 2 is great, The best of the 3 so far IMO. The Graphics are Amazing, Customization amazing too, an excellent storyline, different classes, alternative quests, Match Up Mode (Online Player Vs Ghost Player, this system collects the User's Info, like skills, level, Stats, etc and sets it to Fight against your character, you control your Character but the Opponent doesn't he's just a Ghost, could be improved) I really recommend it.

Haven't tested Yipe, in fact it's the First time I've heard it, and Right now I'm searching for it in iTunes :)

Note: All the Comments of the 3 Games were In My Honest Opinion, everyone has their own tastes, so go troll someone else! :p

8. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    #8 Somerandomdude, Dec 10, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2009
    Go buy TNA. It's the best RPG on the device as far as I've played. It's one of the only 2 turn based RPG's that were worth the purchase (Elven Chronicles being the other). It's only 3 bucks, much cheaper than the other 2 you suggested.

Wait, I take that back. It's the same price as SEED, but it's the best Turn Based RPG, so go for it. Besides, if you can afford Ravensword or Inotia, you can afford both.

9. Elkas

Elkas Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2009
    TNA Stands for... ?

10. tzual

tzual Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2009
    TNA Wrestling

11. soup

soup Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    Yipe is fun :)
    and does not take itself too seriously (a plus point in my book)

12. Muzic <3

Aug 5, 2009
    I tried to get Yipe but it requires 3.1, and I don't plan on losing my jailbreak anytime soon. Any more suggestions? I got inotia 2 by the way, great game.

Any other suggestions that are 6 USD or less?

13. Eduku

Eduku Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2009
    London
    I'd go for Seed since imo Ravensword doesn't count as an RPG, more like an adventure-game with minimal RPG elements. Also, I've been playing more of Seed lately, it's quite hard at the beginning, but it gets easier and more enjoyable as you get into it.

14. Muzic <3

Aug 5, 2009
    What game is better and has better replayablity? Driver or MC?

15. Balu`

Balu` Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    Hungary
    Made by Gameloft = little to no replayability.

16. Aurora

Aurora Well-Known Member

Ravensword is not an RPG.
    Inotia 2 and Seed are both good. Seed is similar to Zenonia in terms of graphics, and Inotia 2 is a bit more slow-paced, and longer but more repetitive. Get both Inotia 2 or Seed if you like RPGs.

True, mostly.
    Some of their racing games had bits of replayability.

17. starmonkey101

starmonkey101 Well-Known Member

Oct 3, 2009
    FLA, USA
    i dont think any iphone RPG's are good:eek:

18. Sukal

Sukal Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2009
    Seed is good choice, I really like the mechanics, and the instant save button, such a relief. It's quite a bit cheaper as well. Another good thing is customizable looks with each new equipment.

19. kingkong120

kingkong120 Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2009
    Ravensword: More of an adventure game for now rather than an RPG, but they plan on releasing an expansion which should drive it more towards the RPG genre. It's still a great game at its current stage. Make note that this is a 3d Adventure/RPG, so its much different from Inotia 2 and Seed. The graphics are very impressive, and they have improved the controls in the 1.1 update, making it easy to move around, if you're worried about that. The best part is fighting huge bosses, exploring, and appreciating the world that the devs created. It's a great experience.

Inotia 2: This is a great game, and although it is the most expensive of the three RPGs that I'm listing, it is well worth it. The storyline is decent, while the gameplay and visuals are excellent. There's also customization in this game; your character will change with whatever you equip. And the best part is its mercenary system, allowing you to control a party, rather than a single character. It's a dramatic improvement from its predecessor, and I highly recommend it.

Seed: After reading good reviews, I dived in to check this one out, and was quite pleased for what its worth. At $2.99, it was a great bargain for an RPG. The graphics aren't near the graphics presented in Inotia 2, so if visuals are your thing, go for Inotia 2. However, I had to agree with the early reviewers that the storyline is more compelling than Inotia 2. Also, there's a lot of customization in this game, as well as loot and weapon types. You can even use a gun in this game. So, if money is an issue, I would go for this one. It's a great RPG for its measly price.

It really depends on taste, but if you really want the RPG part, and not so much the adventure part, I would probably leave out Ravensword for now. But if you want a mix of the two, Ravensword is an amazing game, and I really recommend it. For the more hardcore RPG, I would recommend Inotia 2 > Seed unless $7.99 is too expensive.

20. Asphyxiation

Asphyxiation Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2009
    Meh, Seed.