2D Graphic designer looking to do cheap or free work!

Discussion in 'Developer Services and Trade' started by VWXYZ, Mar 15, 2011.

1. VWXYZ

VWXYZ Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2009
    #1 VWXYZ, Mar 15, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2011
    Hi!

Hi!
    I’m a 2D Graphic designer. I started playing around with Photoshop 6 years ago and never stopped, now I am 18 years. Now there is a low period in my studies and I thought I would give it a shot with some slightly more serious usage of my experience than the occasional personal art project.
    I have had a thread here before, but it was severely out-dated (2 years is a long time!) and it didn’t really reflect on my position and possibilities in the community anymore, so I decided to create a new one.
    With my previous thread I worked for free on several projects and a single paid one.
    This time I’m looking more for paid work. If it is a small project (like a single screen or logo) and I like your project, I will still consider free, but I don’t plan on making it the norm this time around. But still understand the payment I’m asking will be very modest. I’m not in dire need for money, and I’m mostly here for the experience as a young freelance designer, and want to be a bit more serious than last time.

As I mentioned my previous projects are mostly personal art projects
    Some example of my work can be found here:
    http://vwxyz.deviantart.com/gallery/

and examples of work on iPhone apps can be found here:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Remember these are two year old projects. I believe I have come far since, and my DeviantArt page should be more representative of my work situation.

So, what kind of work can I do?
    Really, anything you can do in Photoshop. I would probably feel most comfortable with icons, splash screens or simple interface design. But I have brief experience with textures for CryTeks CryEngine and would love to do more like that as well.

If you are interested, please PM me with a brief description of your project and what you want me to do, and I will give you my e-mail and we will continue our conversation there.

Hope to help the community as much as possible!
    Adam/VWXYZ

2. Cauchy

Cauchy New Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Not sure if somethings wrong with my browser settings but I am getting broken links icon for two of the images.

3. VWXYZ

VWXYZ Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2009
    Your right Catchy! I don't know why, it worked yesterday :-S

Anyway, I re-uploaded to a new service, it should stay up now! Thanks for pointing it out.