Tiny Tower - Tips & Strategies Thread

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by KiddToKmart, Jun 23, 2011.

1. C.Hannum

C.Hannum Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2011
    New York State
    1. Your sales at businesses are 100% unrelated to visitors. Customers are generated automatically on the business floor at a rate determined by that business category's demand (roughly, it works out to an average of about 1 every 7 seconds at 100% demand).

2. Where visitors do go is 100% random and, with the exception of VIPs or an apartment with a vacancy, do NOTHING anyhow - they don't buy anything, they don't sit down on the couch for X-Box game at a full apartment, etc.. You get the tip and they wander off to the right and disappear.

What you are stressing out on are irrelevant points you have no control over.

2. sanitymops

sanitymops Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2011
    I like to give them colored costumes based on the theme of the floor. For example I give the pharmacy bitizins white shirts and black glasses and i dress up the disco people in all black and give the mapple people all headphones. It eats up a lot of time while I wait to give elevator rides :)

I love this game.

I am so psyched about the new changed. Everything is more streamlined. I especially like that there is a back button on the clothes now. Does anyone know if it still charges for the clothing changes? I don't see my total lose anything when i click ok or cycle through the options. I remember it charging for each click.

3. Dave in the basement

Dave in the basement Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2011
    Indiana
    Is there any way to manually save the game? Or does it just save automatically at certain points? I just started it and I am trying to get my bearings. Thanks in advance!

Dave

4. pcktlnt

pcktlnt Member

Dec 25, 2009
    I figured out what happened. My game was constantly repeating the same events because I had not charged the ipod touch for a week. Thus causing the time and date setting to reset to something not of the current time. After fixing this, my stores actually changed from a Sushi Shop to a Diner and a Pottery place to a Photo store. And all the people are actually going to random floors.

Stupid time/date settings. And thank you for the information.

5. countingpulses

Jul 31, 2011
    I thought of giving them costumes also, but thinking of all the bit coins that went toward getting the colours I wanted, I'm quite reluctant :p There are no more costs involved with clothes changes. I was so happy when I found out! I agree, the back button is genius.

6. countingpulses

Jul 31, 2011
    As far as I know, the game saves automatically every 4 hours or so? I'm not 100% sure on this, but I read it over in the main Tiny Tower thread.

7. chsn143

chsn143 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2010
    Quick question: is there any pattern to where Bitizens reside, whether in the business or residence? I thought they remained in the business as long as it was stocked and moved to the residence when you ran out, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

8. C.Hannum

C.Hannum Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2011
    New York State
    No fixed pattern overall. There *may* be individual "work ethics" (some bitizens are almost always at work, others almost always at home, but not idea if that's just how the RNG gods have treated them or if there's a hidden value for it).

9. pcktlnt

pcktlnt Member

Dec 25, 2009
    So, wondering what others would do in this situation.

You have 20+ floors and almost 125 cash saved. Which of the following would you do?
    a) Buy the 125 cash upgrade to the elevator (I think it's the 4th level, it's 16 ppm)
    b) Use the cash for gold
    c) other

10. florhackson

florhackson Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    I don't remember how much floors cost at 20, I am 100( and they are 1.5 mil+ now), so I would say use it for buying floors, I imagine you could get 2-4.

11. chanfishie

chanfishie New Member

Sep 6, 2011
    i was just wandering, which is more important? elevator (75bux) or 100,000 gold?

i have 16,000 gold at the moment -___-

12. patch732

patch732 Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2010
    U.S.
    The way I did it, which may not be the best, smartest, most efficient, etc. was to knock out the elevator purchases when I could. That way I wouldn't have to save up for them later.

But if you want to be strategic about it, it would depend on what level floor you're at and if it would benefit you at your current level.

13. Axiem

Axiem Active Member

Apr 20, 2011
    It's worth noting that coins are worth less relative to the cost to build the next floor as the tower gets bigger, while elevators are worth more relative to the time it takes waiting to move bitizens as the tower gets bigger.

In short, unless you're in the very early game, where spending bux can get you several floors at once, it is a more optimal choice to invest in the elevators.

(Caveat: if you don't actually elevate bitizens often, then you may as well not upgrade your elevator, since you'd never use the upgrade)

14. chanfishie

chanfishie New Member

Sep 6, 2011
    currently with 22 floors and level 2 elevator upgrade, the next floor at 79,350 coins

15. malohkan

malohkan Active Member

Jul 22, 2009
    Upgrade Strategy

Im having trouble finding information about business upgrades. Whats the right strategy for them? Are some businesses better to upgrade than others? Is upgrading ever a bad idea? It seems like floors that are very low stock are better to keep that way because you can try for the 3-stock bonus more frequently. On the other hand, if I'm asleep with a business empty, I wish it were upgraded! Does upgrading a business affect each business by the same # of stock? I can't find answers to any of this!

16. Axiem

Axiem Active Member

Apr 20, 2011
    There is no absolute strategy for this game.

Each upgrade of a store adds 75 items to each stock. This is the base stock, and thus affects the cost to purchase items of that stock, and the time to do the stocking. (It is also affected by the dream job doubling).

17. malohkan

malohkan Active Member

Jul 22, 2009
    Aww that's a bit disappointing. I guess not that surprising though! Thanks!

18. billysea

billysea New Member

May 14, 2009
    Can someone tell me how to get those "Fully Stock XXX & XXX" achievement?

I have already almost hit 100 Floor already and most of my flat are filled with 3 bitizens. Still I have not unlock a single one of those "Fully Stock" achievement. What consider fully stock? And do the two stores have to be fully stock at the same time?

19. drach

drach Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    Fully stocked is when all three bitizens stock the store completely. And yes, both stores have to be fully stocked to get the achievement.

20. Pr135ty

Pr135ty Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2010
    Student
    United Kingdom