Two Usability Suggestions: Highlight NEW

Discussion in 'Site Feedback and News' started by Keithustus, Sep 25, 2012.

1. Keithustus

Keithustus Member

Aug 28, 2012
    Hi, love your apps on both iPhone and iPad, but it's a bit frustrating not knowing when and what exactly is new.

1. For the News & Reviews, is there a visual indicator of which items are new? I see the number posted next to "News & Reviews" but once I enter that section, I can't currently tell which items those numbers refer to, and which content has already been there. Am I just not seeing something to differentiate those? If not, would you please do so?

2. Subscribed threads are great, but I dislike having to remember when the last day was in which there was a new post. Could you please add a couple of functions that are on many other sites' forums? I would like to know whether there are any new posts in each subscribed thread without having to access the thread, and I would like to be able to jump straight to the new posts without having to fish through them. I know that sometimes the post count is tinted orange, but this function doesn't seem reliable because sometimes a thread will have new posts but not turn orange.