MonsterCrafter (Sequel to Guncrafter - Pokemon meets Minecraft meets Virtual Pets)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Naquatic, Nov 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Naquatic

Naquatic Well-Known Member

Apr 13, 2009
    #1 Naquatic, Nov 26, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2013
    Hey team! My brother and I are always eager to share our new titles on TA, and we're especially excited about this one because of the way the Guncrafter forum thread blew up. For those who don't remember, we got a ton of killer ideas that we integrated into the first few updates, and Guncrafter ended up as the #2 free app o.0

A bunch of those features have now made their way into MonsterCrafter, and we are obviously so grateful to everyone here for offering such constructive input! So here it is: MonsterCrafter! The game launches worldwide on 12/5, also known as the Thursday after next. It's free!

In the meantime, we're going to hold a contest of sorts… Do you have an idea for a cool monster? Let us know, and we will pick our favorites and hook you up with promo codes. If the monster turns out great, we will build it into the game (with your permission, of course!) as one of the default monsters. Play the game early, make some cool stuff, and unleash it onto the world!

• DREAM IT. BUILD IT. BATTLE IT. SHARE IT •
    The sequel to Guncrafter has arrived! Craft your own monster. Train and care for it. Adventure through harrowing, boss-filled dungeons. Battle online against your friends, your enemies, or anyone in the world. MonsterCrafter is crafting + digital pets + monster battling…and there has never been anything like it.

• PLAY YOUR WAY •
    If you can dream it, you can build it. Create your monster any way you like. The way you craft it, the way you train and care for it…EVERYTHING affects your monster's personality, companionship, and performance in battle!

• ENDLESS CONTENT •
    The entire MonsterCrafter world is populated by player-created monsters! Every monster you see and battle has been crafted by someone. Show them who's boss!

• INSTANT MULTIPLAYER •
    Enter the multiplayer arena and get placed in a lag-free multiplayer match in 5 SECONDS. With Naquatic's exclusive Quick Match system, you never have to stop playing. No waiting. No lag.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. tso5818

tso5818 Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2011
    iANiMeX's left ear
    Would we be able to level up the monsters we build?
    Looks nice.

3. Echoen

Echoen Well-Known Member

May 16, 2012
    USA
    Ooh so can I make something like a pet TA logo?

4. SirHanet

SirHanet Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2013
    Halifax
    Monster Idea

My monster idea would be a Orc with 4 wings and a wreck ball tail of sorts:)

5. Naquatic

Apr 13, 2009
    Of course! This is a full featured monster battling game paired with a full featured virtual pet game. You battle with the monsters you build and train. They even increase in size as they level up, so by the time your monster is fully grown you'll have a finely tuned beast at your disposal.

Yes, but show some mercy by at least giving it some eyes… the poor monstrosity.

6. tso5818

Sep 13, 2011
    iANiMeX's left ear
    Oh forgot, my monster would be a look a like of Miley Cyrus on a wrecking ball :)

7. Naquatic

Apr 13, 2009
    PM'd :)

8. tso5818

Sep 13, 2011
    iANiMeX's left ear
    That is so awesome, when the game comes out. I'll do my best with feedback.
    I see this becoming a big hit. :)

9. YoloMcSwaggin

YoloMcSwaggin Active Member

Nov 7, 2013
    Is it possible to make a robotic scorpion? If so I would die #

10. Echoen

Echoen Well-Known Member

May 16, 2012
    USA
    lol I'll probably get this then. I'll make some of the creatures from Guild Wars 2's Super Adventure Box :D :D

11. Naquatic

Apr 13, 2009
    #11 Naquatic, Nov 26, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2013
    Whoa guys… I can't believe how active this is already!

I like how the first two ideas are both wrecking ball themed. PM'd! Thank you so much, tso :)

To answer this seriously…there's no metallic monster type (yet!), so you'd probably want to go with the rock type which would at least give you a dirty robotic look. And I'd say most of the monsters come out looking relatively robotic since the graphics are voxel based. So yes. Robotic scorpion it is. Check your PMs!

Hahaha, love it! GW2 rules

12. Naquatic

Apr 13, 2009
    Hahaha this is great! Make it a fire type and you'll get your wish :). PM sent!

13. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Can we make monsters in crude shapes?

14. Echoen

Echoen Well-Known Member

May 16, 2012
    USA
    Dev let me try an early build :D here are my baby Dibites! They come in twos :D You can make them bigger as you unlock bigger grids.

I think you can make a single block monster. :)

Attached Files:

15. Rafy211

Rafy211 Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2013
    Unicorn Land
    #15 Rafy211, Nov 26, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2013
    I would build a stick. Just a vertical line of blocks with eyes. He would hop and shoot lazors with his eyes.

EDIT: But in all honesty, I'd probably build something like a dragon with 4 wings, 2 sets with different patterns. "Very original", I know

16. Zentatsu

Zentatsu Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2013
    Philippines
    Looks good! So I can create a combination of charmander, squirtle, and bulbasaur inspired monster, possible right?

17. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Ok fine, no inappropriate monsters.

Haha what about a pokeball? Funny, amirite?

18. Echoen

Echoen Well-Known Member

May 16, 2012
    USA
    *playing an early build*

One limitation is your monster can only use a couple of shades of the color linked to a specific element. There's fire, water, plant, rock, electric, and alien. Alien's purple. :) I wish you could use black and white too.

19. vii-Lucky

vii-Lucky Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2013
    Sounds great.

But can you make the monster a little more cuter?

20. Echoen

Echoen Well-Known Member

May 16, 2012
    USA
    Well, I tried. I put a little tail on that 6-legged Wabit.

Attached Files: