Universal Playworld Superheroes - Create a hero, BE the hero

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Starship, Jan 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. #1 Starship, Jan 13, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2015
    [​IMG]
    Coming to iOS later this month, Starship proudly present Playworld Superheroes!

Starship is the new studio from Martin Kenwright, founder of Evolution Studios and D.I.D, and creator of MotorStorm. Founded in 2013, the team holds veteran developers from Studio Liverpool, Bizarre Creations and Evolution Studios within its ranks. The team have collectively devised or delivered over 70 console games and platform launch titles, such as WipEout, WRC, and Formula 1. The studio's first game is Playworld, a mobile children's adventure series in which craft and creativity open new worlds of possibility. The first in the series is Playworld Superheroes.

[​IMG]

Touch Arcade have just shared our teaser trailer , which reveals the first snippets of gameplay. The game is released later this month and we'll be unveiling more about the game in the run-up to launch.

We'd love to hear what you guys think so far, especially from those of you who have kids of your own.

Starship

2. aconfusedkender

aconfusedkender Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Oil & Gas
    Kendermore, Ansalon
    Sweetmeat Jesus!

So whats the gameplay like? Can we get a longer video perhaps ;)

3. You can indeed, though it won't be finished until next week! We'll spill the beans then!

4. Wow this looks really promising.

5. @appunwrapper Thanks! We've been in development for a year, so we're really looking forward to getting it in people's hands. More gameplay revealed soon, hope you like it!

6. Based Xatu

Based Xatu Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    Can I have a full lightning powered superhero? I'll give you my love and money.

7. leocold

leocold Well-Known Member

Sep 15, 2013
    3D Graphic Designer
    Vancouver
    congrats on the game and no IAP first day purchase for me.

8. Thanks! It would appear we're going against the current trend, but we couldn't make the game we wanted to if we were trying to sell something to the players the whole time!

9. Ha, I'll put it to the team. I'm going to need a superb lightning superhero name to sell the idea in though! Any ideas?

10. The Sizzler

(yeah, don't take my idea lol)

11. Based Xatu

Based Xatu Well-Known Member

Aug 27, 2013
    Arc Flash
    Joltix
    Raiden
    Zaptic

....I'm not good with names. My wife won't let me name our first child.

12. Dragan

Dragan Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2014
    Belgium
    With No in-app purchases or hidden cost sounds like music, you've got me.

13. Bloodangel

Bloodangel Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2011
    Retail
    England

Ermmmm..
    Elektra
    Electro
    Electro cute
    Shocka

14. You've thought about this before! Ha, that's ace.

15. I'll put these on file for the names of future Starship first borns!

16. We're glad people are liking our stance on in-app purchases, it's really important to us. We just want to be upfront - pay once and play forever.

17. Electro Cute is outstanding for a kid's game.

18. Pyapiopi

Pyapiopi Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Could you share any info?

Such as a few simple things. Is combat real time or is it turn based? ( id say real time based on the small snippets). How customizable is our hero? Can we make multiple heroes?

The game looks awesome so I'm very curious about it.

19. Thanks! The combat is real-time, you are correct!

In this installment of Playworld, the player gets to customise the entire superhero suit from the ground up. You even get to design your own logo. Playworld is a series of adventures, and in this one we introduce kids (and young at heart adults!) to a crafting system that will become more complex as more adventures are released. In Playworld Superheroes, the visual identity of the hero is what sets it apart, but everyone has the same powers at their disposal, providing that they work hard enough to level-up. The customisation affects the look and feel of the game.

You can change how you look in Playworld as often as you'd like, but you play as one hero throughout the adventure.

20. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    I got to name my son Ezekiel Tron. :D