The best and worst concerts you ever attended?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Papa Deuce, May 12, 2016.

1. Papa Deuce

Papa Deuce Well-Known Member

May 15, 2013
    List as many as you like.... I will do 5 of each. But I will not include all day festivals, just bands doing their own gigs.

Best:

1. Pink Floyd.... as you can imagine, just over the top and amazing every time I saw them
    2. Prince.... just the sheer musical talent, but he had so many songs I loved
    3. ZZ Top... they had so much fun on stage it was just infectious for the crowd
    4. Bruce Springsteen..... Saw him do a nearly 5 hour show..... was not a fan UNTIL THAT NIGHT.
    5. KISS ... the first time I saw them.... I was about 15 years old and as you can imagine, it was too cool for words in the 1970's.

Worst:

1. Kiss.... the tour they didn't have makeup for... They not only didn't have the makeup and pyrotechnics, but they didn't play more than 3 hits. It was like they wanted to distance themselves from their past.

2. Van Morrison.... another guy who wouldn't play his hits. Apparently he was known for doing that. Shame I didn't know.

3. The Cars..... I think I fell asleep.

4. Cheap Trick.... There were times when I swear they were not actually singing or playing their instruments.

5. Van Halen.... so bleeping loud that at times I had no idea what song they were singing.

Honorable mentions, both good and bad:

David Bowie..... played almost an entire concert with just house lights on. He looked bored.

Linda Ronstadt... Bought the tickets for my dad, as he was a fan... he developed a brain tumor and couldn't go, so I took a buddy... she was FABULOUS

Carrie Underwood.... a 2+ hour amazing show.... I never would have guessed she could last that long!

And finally, I took my kids to see Taylor Swift. But I am not ashamed to admit that I really like her music. The concert was fabulous... my only issue was how everything is so choreographed. Even when she spoke, it was like she was reading from cue cards.