Tweets of the Dead free for a limited time and a rant from a game dev.

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by Seantron, Mar 31, 2013.

1. Seantron

Seantron Active Member

Apr 4, 2012
    Game Developer
    #1 Seantron, Mar 31, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2013

Tweets Of The Dead!

PLEASE NOTE, THIS GAME DOES NOT RUN ON THE 3GS! PLEASE DO NOT EVEN DOWNLOAD IT, AS IT WAS NEVER INTENDED OR DESIGNED TO …
    Free
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    PLEASE NOTE, THIS GAME DOES NOT RUN ON THE 3GS! PLEASE DO NOT EVEN DOWNLOAD IT, AS IT WAS NEVER INTENDED OR DESIGNED TO RUN ON THAT DEVICE.

*No twitter account needed to play!*

Tweets containing the word Zombies are mysteriously turning into real zombies. Wipe them out before you die, and rack up a highscore with a bonus system.

* Wipeout Zombies spawned from the word Zombie or wipeout hordes of zombies from the current worldwide Twitter Trends
    * 2 guns to switch between, 1 for zombies and 1 for wraith zombies.
    * 2 Different Play Controls - Simulation (Gyroscope controls used to aim) and Arcade
    * Currently 2 Different Maps with more on the way
    * Very Difficult Levels
    * GameCenter Leaderboards and Tons of Gameplay stats available
    Information
    Seller:
    Genre:Action, Simulation
    Release:Mar 12, 2013
    Updated:Nov 30, -0001
    Version:
    Size:0.0
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating: (4)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

Since Twitter is rate limiting my app so badly that it is barely working anymore, I've set it to free for a limited time while I'm working on bypassing twitter with a server proxy.

I had a new version in the works that included true Retina Support and new modes, but it only sold about 100 copies at .99 cents and now that it's free it's getting a bunch of 1 star ratings. So I doubt I can afford to work on the game anymore.

2. september

september Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2012
    #2 september, Mar 31, 2013
    People on the Internet don't tend to think very broadly, sorry to hear about your troubles but hopefully things improve.

Btw, idea sounds like a neat concept

3. Pocketnova

Pocketnova Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2012
    +1 I hope things get much better for you!

4. Pocketnova

Pocketnova Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2012
    Back on-topic with the freebie, this game is EXTREMLY original, and is a ton of fun to play. If I were you, I'd wait for it to go back up, and buy it then.

5. Seantron

Seantron Active Member

Apr 4, 2012
    Game Developer
    Thanks so much guys. I appreciate the nice words a lot. The game has skyrocketed into the top 300 of all games in the US, but I'm getting nothing but 1 stars so I guess I should take that as a sign.

And thank you Pocketnova for being awesome lately. Really helps a lot.

6. sugimulm

sugimulm Well-Known Member

Please get well and hope things turn for the better!

7. Seantron

Seantron Active Member

Apr 4, 2012
    Game Developer
    Thank you so much!

8. TheHItcherUK

TheHItcherUK Active Member

Feb 19, 2013
    If you release a game that doesn't work, expect criticism. If you release a game that isn't very good, expect criticism. If you release a game without researching whether or not it will be able to use the twitter service, expect criticism. It's a harsh reality that if you release anything, be it art, music, film or games etc. then that product is immediately and rightfully up for scrutiny.

Although it sounds harsh, your health has absolutely nothing to do with it, nor does how many people made the game. If we as gamers had to read every game designers personal back story we'd never get around to gaming.

I know this all sounds tough, but given the messages you have been sending through the forums to customers, a friend of mine oooooo monkey included, I think it's time you had a reality check.

Good luck with your next venture but avoid a field where you may be judged for your efforts, since unfortunately you clearly can't deal with the fallout.

9. oooooomonkey

oooooomonkey Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Forge World
    Totally agree I one starred it on the App Store as I payed for the game which has never worked since day one and then the dev has the cheek to send me abuse through a PM here on TA telling me about his sad story, oh poor little him. Well maybe next time you should finish the game properly or expect some abuse. Maybe you should have kept working on making the game work instead of sending me nonsense.
    Well if your first game is anything to go by you might want to think about a change of career. Maybe some kind of social worker maybe more your style. :p

10. monoclespectacle

monoclespectacle Well-Known Member

Jan 26, 2013
    I'm not trying to bash you further. But this statement here is a clear indication you knew the app was not ready and you pushed it anyway.

You took a risk and it failed. And while it may seem harsh, internet feedback is some the most useful because of its brutal honesty. Get back up and try again.

Also I hope you get feeling better I've worked with a fine gentleman that had Chron's flare ups and my favorite singer (Daryl Palumbo) also has Chron's and has shown me his battle scars associated with intestinal removal due to extreme flare ups. So while I don't understand your pain, I do understand its a very life-affecting disease.

11. Seantron

Seantron Active Member

Apr 4, 2012
    Game Developer
    You guys are absolutely right. It was an experiment. And I apologize for my rant. It was a tough day yesterday, got attacked by literally hundreds of people for making a game that was free. And for some reason my Gyro requirement didn't lock out the 3GS so literally over 30 1 star ratings.

Again I apologize.

12. monoclespectacle

monoclespectacle Well-Known Member

Jan 26, 2013
    #12 monoclespectacle, Mar 31, 2013
    Phone typing for the lose, on my part.

People are overly harsh on the Internet. But it's nothing new. And it's easy to attack back. Don't let it beat you up. The games premise is good, so if you (and your son) still enjoy programming, stay at it.

13. thesidewaystable

thesidewaystable Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2012
    is this worth the space?

14. Deeorbra

Deeorbra New Member

Apr 4, 2013
    I am new to this game. Are there any instructions or is it just trial by fire?