Touch Arcade forums' Game of the Week (January 2)

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by undeadcow, Jan 3, 2014.

?

What was your favorite release the week of January 2?

Poll closed Jan 10, 2014.
  1. Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed

12.0%
  2. Jet Car Stunts 2

36.0%
  3. Endless Nights RPG

12.0%
  4. Feed Me Oil 2

8.0%
  5. Hoplite

28.0%
  6. Detective Grimoire

4.0%
  7. Endless Barrage

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Lemon Joe

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Martain Run

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Usagiman

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. awp69

awp69 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2009
    Greenville, SC
    #41 awp69, Jan 7, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2014
    Tough call between Jet Car Stunts 2 and Sonic Transformed. I was pretty much set on JCS 2 but I've had too many issues with the DLC and progress. It's amazing otherwise and can't wait until the issues are resolved.

I know everything is unlockable through gameplay in Transformed, but still not a fan of the way it was set up and lack of clarity in unlocks. And the drift events, IMO, are a bit of a downer. Still, it's by far the best kart racer on iOS. Since I haven't been able to dig into JCS2, I'm giving Sonic the vote.

EDIT: And after all that I fat fingered and voted for JCS2. Urggh. Oh well, I know it will be a classic once it's issues are ironed out.

2. _Max_

_Max_ Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2012
    Vote for Feed Me Oil 2

3. ojtitus

ojtitus Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Male
    Canton, Ohio
    My vote went to Endless Nights RPG, A fun new rogue like.

4. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

I voted for Hoplite. JCS2 is the kind of game that will be recognized and lauded even if it doesn't win, but Hoplite is an under-the-radar gem that deserves all the support and attention it gets.

If you like challenging tactical gameplay and the tense thrill of being outnumbered and alone but never helpless...if you plan ahead, then you need to try Hoplite