Blur New Activision IPhone Game

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by SirAwesome, May 29, 2010.

1. SirAwesome

SirAwesome Well-Known Member

May 20, 2010
    Slight step up for Activision considering their style of stealth releases. According to Pocket Gamer Blur is coming to the Iphone sooner rather than later. According to the article they hope to have it released before E3 (starts June 14th). I have high hopes for the game. At the least hopefully it will be better than split second was on the Iphone.

For those who dont believe me :)
    http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/Various/The+Rumour+Mine/feature.asp?c=20928

Thoughts/Hopes/Concerns/Input ?

2. SJP99

SJP99 Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2010
    Ipod Touch game player person like thing????
    11th dimension
    activision has been strangely quiet about their iphone line up, yet they have delivered a few very high quality games. I think this should be a good racing game. maybe the best.

3. iphoneprogrammer

iphoneprogrammer Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Financial Analyst for Baines and Ernst
    London, UK
    Ok this and split/second are some of my favorite console racers this year.....cant wait!!! I hate activision for the IW scandal but they are, slowly, redeeming themselves with their new releases on the iphone. AND IT WILL BE OUT BEFORE E3!!! well i hope this is true...

4. iFonePhanatic

iFonePhanatic Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    Student
    USA
    Why is Activision not focusing on the iDevice platform more?! It's so confusing to me; I mean, I bet COD: Zombies has already made them millions of dollars. Do they not see the potential of porting some of the hugely popular games, of which they hold licenses to, to the App store?

5. Bdragonst

Bdragonst Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2009
    Student
    Japan -> S.Korea -> USA
    Millions of dollors isnt that much to Activision when they made a billion dollors from one game, Modern Warfare 2....

6. iFonePhanatic

Mar 22, 2009
    Student
    USA
    #6 iFonePhanatic, May 29, 2010
    Last edited: May 29, 2010
    Yea and that game also cost them tens of millions of dollars to develop, market, and distribute. This game only costs them the $99 Apple developer license and a small (compared to COD: MW2) development budget.

Edit: I was curious and looked it up. It actually cost ~$50 million just to /produce/ Modern Warfare 2

7. SJP99

SJP99 Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2010
    Ipod Touch game player person like thing????
    11th dimension

Just becuse there not hyping there idevice games at e3 doesnt mean there not focusing on them. Im sure the insane succsess of zombies got through. I bet we'll be seeing alot more of them in the app store

8. iFonePhanatic

Mar 22, 2009
    Student
    USA
    Yeah I guess so. Obviously they assume their games are well-enough known to be successful w/o any hype AT ALL. And well.. they're right... :D

9. Bdragonst

Bdragonst Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2009
    Student
    Japan -> S.Korea -> USA
    Thats right, they spend big money to develop and distribute console games, and they make HUGE profits.. Profits from single game are so huge that isnt comparable to how much they made from App Store so far...

App Store is great for Indies developers, but for BIG Companies... Not really