Ipod touch crashing when searching

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by paulm12, Dec 29, 2009.

1. paulm12

paulm12 Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2009
    school
    ummm Cali
    First of all. I dunno if this is in the wrong category, but plz answer anyways.
    Here's the rundown: I got a new 64 gig iPod touch for Christmas, and I have 654 applications. Every time I try to search for an app, (mainly letters that I have lots of apps for, like "s" or "i"), it brings up a black screen, and resets with the apple logo, only being able to be used about 10-15 minutes later. I have reason to believe that it crashes because I have so many apps, but I think there could be another solution. I have tried restoring it and reseting it, but it still crashes. It also did this on my old iPod touch, so I have reason to believe that it is not this particular iPod, but a problem in the code/engine/something else. I also can't find the apps in the home screens because it only allows you to have 11 pages of 16 apps each, plus the 4 always on the bottom, so I still have 474 apps that can't be displayed with the pages. I have 24 gigs still available, so I don;t think its a memory issue. I have also tried calling apple customer service, but they couldn't do anything about it either. It's a real pain in the @$$. The only way I can avoid it is if i type the first few letters of the app REALLY FAST and it will come up, but usually it still crashes. I don't want advice about how I should take off apps, because I really can't, and I have spent $400 bucks trying to fix this problem by getting a new iPod, and it still does the same thing.
    Additional Details:
    I've already checked apple's support page, and there's nothing there about it. I probably won't take it back cause I've invested about $1000 into apps, music , and movies for it.

2. galaxygrrl

galaxygrrl Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    San Francisco, CA
    I would go into an apple store and the genius bar and let them fool around with it. You wont loose your apps. You bought them, they are yours.

sorry you having problems.

3. paulm12

paulm12 Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2009
    school
    ummm Cali
    good idea, unfortunently though there no apple store within like 50 miles to where I live, but I'm going out of town to see my grandma, and one is there