Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 05-08-2013, 07:18 AM
iPhone 5c, iOS 7.x

Fishing? Arghhh. Memories of fishing in The Ocarina of Time come flooding back.

I did not really enjoy fishing minigames. Any of the items needed to play through? I am thinking of skipping the fishing entirely when I play through.
Old 05-08-2013, 07:39 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

I'd hardly call the fishing here a mini game. All you have to do is look at a body of water, see if there's a silhouette of a fish, walk up to/chase it and interact with it to get the item Dried Fish that heals 200hp. To farm it and the EAP, leave the current room and come back to refresh it.

The gameplay and item system aren't really to my liking. They will appeal to casual players, I'm sure. Grinding isn't needed either. An easy game!
Old 05-08-2013, 08:36 AM
iPhone 5c, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoen View Post
I'd hardly call the fishing here a mini game. All you have to do is look at a body of water, see if there's a silhouette of a fish, walk up to/chase it and interact with it to get the item Dried Fish that heals 200hp. To farm it and the EAP, leave the current room and come back to refresh it.

The gameplay and item system aren't really to my liking. They will appeal to casual players, I'm sure. Grinding isn't needed either. An easy game!
Stop tempting me. I just finished that free G5 find the object game and I am supposed to be heading back to Talismanland to complete it...

Must resist starting up End of Aspiration...
Old 05-08-2013, 09:12 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Well I'm tempted to buy the iOS version because I don't earn any EAP from fishing on the free Android version. The additional dungeons offer items to increase the number of skills you can equip and the initial number of slots is really limiting.

Boss fights so far are pretty easy. They all feel more like mini bosses, actually. The real threat is running out of mana from the rather high encounter rate in between healing spots and towns. But then again, I don't really ever have to use pots in Kemco games.

Poison lingers after battle. As for the Confusion status effect... You can still select what command you want to use but the target will be random. You could just use defend and you'll be safe from friendly fire.

Story, you say? The premise is okay but the delivery is stale at times. There are lines like "you're gonna die anyway so I'll tell you our plan!"
Old 05-08-2013, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoen View Post

I'm updating my previous analysis. Namely you can in fact grind as much EAP as you want. Just sell the dried fish once you hit 99 and start again. For 10 dried fish (if you sell at the special merchant for dried fish), he will pay you 1300 gold. An excellent exchange.
Old 05-08-2013, 03:57 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by diaskeaus View Post
I'm updating my previous analysis. Namely you can in fact grind as much EAP as you want. Just sell the dried fish once you hit 99 and start again. For 10 dried fish (if you sell at the special merchant for dried fish), he will pay you 1300 gold. An excellent exchange.
Thanks for the update.

I've just discovered Kemco through Origin, which I'm really enjoying. It's nice to see decent RPGs that aren't just ports of games I beat a dozen times each, years and years ago. But after my brief experiences with Gamevil's catalogue, I'm still pretty wary of IAP.
Old 05-08-2013, 05:23 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by diaskeaus View Post
Given that dude's location, it makes me wonder where he gets all that money. mafia? Lol
Old 05-13-2013, 11:11 AM
Banned
iPhone 5

If you think this game has what it takes to be your Game Of the Week, vote for it here: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=188555

B]Please note:
1) Devs cannot vote for their own games. If your game is in the poll, you can't vote. You are free to ask TA forum posters in your game release thread to vote for your game... but please don't post multiple messages about it.
2) This voting is for TA members - no outsiders allowed. If you have to ask someone to create a new account to vote, you're doing it wrong.[/B]