Playstation Vita Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Haruhi, Dec 12, 2011.

1. #1 Haruhi, Dec 12, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2013
    [​IMG]

CPU: ARM® Cortex™-A9 core (4 core)
    GPU: SGX543MP4+ (4 core)
    Memory: 512 MB system RAM, 128 MB video RAM
    Screen: 5 inch OLED Multi-Touchscreen (960x544).
    Dimensions: 182 x 18.6 x 83.55 mm
    Controls: touch screen (capacitive), rear touchpad (capacitive), d-pad, buttons (triangle, circle, cross, square, L, R, start, select, home, volume, power), 2 analog sticks
    Cameras: Front and back VGA cameras (640×480 @ 60 fps/320×240 @ 120 fps)
    Sound: built-in stereo speakers, built-in microphone
    Connectivity: IEEE 802.11 b/g/n Wi-Fi, 3G, Bluetooth 2.1+EDR
    Sensors: six-axis motion sensing system, three-axis electronic compass
    Storage: no internal memory, PS Vita cards (4-32GB)
    Battery: 3-5 hours D:
    Release Date: December 17, 2011 (JP); February 22, 2012 (NA/EU)

---

PS Vita PCH-2000

PS Vita TV

--

User's Manual
    Content Manager Assistant for Windows / Mac
    Vita Wallpapers

2. Teknikal

Teknikal Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    #2 Teknikal, Dec 12, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2011
    Specifications still look amazing to me even months later, I'm definitely getting one the only negative points I can offer are the propriety cards which will probably be a ridiculous price, the unchangeable battery I really don't like and I think the back touchpad is just kind of silly.

Apart from that it's easily worth buying even if it's just for disgaea 3 those games have so much levelling you could really play them for years. First title's that I am buying will be wipeout and street fighter though.

Also some great games following like monster hunter not to mention DUST 514 so it should be a really good little console with plenty of great quality games.

3. Ragnarok Odyssey or Lord of Apocalypse right? I'm pumped for those too, but I don't think they're launch titles.

4. Teknikal

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    Yeah I only realised you only included launch titles then corrected my post guess I wasn't fast enough.

Really excited for Vita though I still use my old psp now and again.

5. matthewwhatever

matthewwhatever Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2010
    government
    Ottawa, Canada
    The memory card prices are looking a little insane at the moment, but they'll be slightly offset by the fact that, apparently, if you buy the games digitally, they'll be something like 30% cheaper than the physical versions. If you save that much by downloading (not factoring in DRM issues, trading in games when you're done, etc.), then maybe the memory card prices are a little less crazy...

6. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    I don't think any of the memory prices are confirmed yet. I also find it hard to believe PSN prices will be lower considering every PS3 game they have on there is a rip off.

7. matthewwhatever

matthewwhatever Well-Known Member

Feb 9, 2010
    government
    Ottawa, Canada
    I'm a bit skeptical too (especially as the owner of a PSP Go), but it's what they're doingin Japan. Whether that translates to the rest of the world remains to be seen, but there's signs they might be...

8. gwet17

gwet17 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Newbie questions:

Does this baby have some sort of cooling system or protection from burning my hand/ass (if it's in my pocket) of any kind? That's the only thing that's worrying me, besides, as someone mentioned earlier, the memory card prices.

On a different note, does anyone know which games will be distributed digitally? All of them? Ones that are below a certain size? Below a certain price? Also, if they're digitally distributed, will these titles be priced differently depending on the game?

I haven't been following this too closely until now. It should be pretty awesome.

9. MystikSun

MystikSun Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2009
    What? No internal memory? Hmmm :/

I heard there are going to be battery packs (not included though).

10. Fireball926

Fireball926 Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    Fairly excited for this. It has some very solid launch titles coming with it so It won't be going through the rough start some of us 3DS users went through. I really wanted to import one until I found out everything is double the price and you'll only have it 1 month before everyone else(if your lucky and It ships fast)

11. At least one of my cousins in Japan is planning on picking this up at launch, and I'll be pre-ordering this soon too. I might buy the basic Wifi model, 4GB memory card, Gravity Rush, and Disgaea 3 if it makes it to the US launch.

Not sure, but I haven't seen anyone online complain about the heat yet.
    If the Japanese launch is any indication, most likely all of them will be available digitally. The exact discount on the digital copies in the US is still unconfirmed, although there are rumors that digital titles could be as much as 40% cheaper.
    The batteries aren't removable, but there is supposed to be a portable charger that will give you about 4-7 hours more of game time.

12. gwet17

gwet17 Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2011
    Wooooooow, nice. That's some seriously competitive pricing. Thanks for the info.

13. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    #13 S.I.D. CrAzY, Dec 13, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2011
    I really doubt the 40 percent rumor, retailers like Gamestop wouldn't be happy at all. I keep on going back and forth in my head between getting a Vita at launch or not.

I have a 3DS, iPod Touch, PSP Go, Samsung Galaxy S2 and although the Vita would replace my Go for most things, it's still a lot of devices I'd be using all at once, which bothers me as I don't like having more than one handheld to begin with.

14. Fireball926

Fireball926 Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2010
    none
    Somewhere
    Gamestop will be fine. If the games are fairly large files people are going to have to by lots of memory cards. In the end The discount won't matter because you already paid $50+ on a memory card to hold the game

15. S.I.D. CrAzY

May 16, 2009
    To the consumer it won't matter since you're paying out the nose for memory cards, but that doesn't make things any better for Gamestop revenue wise.

I just don't see it happening, at least not with Gamestops full support, they'll find a way to punish Sony for doing this.

I hope I'm wrong though, however I don't see why Sony wouldn't be doing this already if they have the capability.

16. Teknikal

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    I'm pretty sure every game will be downloadable one of the biggest failures of the Go! was the fact the new PSP games everyone wanted were not being made downloadable and so were unavailable on the Go!.

Basicly the Go! was way overpriced and didn't have access to a lot of the new best games or even most of the back catalogue. It was a silly move when the cheaper option psp could do all the same stuff and more.

Pretty sure Sony learnt from the Go! but I half suspect for some reason they wanted that to fail.

17. S.I.D. CrAzY

May 16, 2009
    I love my Go with all the games I could ever want*including Birth by Sleep* :cool:

But yeah, that was one of the let downs of the Go, up until it got hacked.

I'd love to play emulators on the Vita, though I don't want it to get hacked to hell and have people pirate games, just like what happened to the PSP.

18. #18 Haruhi, Dec 16, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2011
  19. crunc

crunc Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2008
    Those carts look even easier to lose. Definitely not getting one of these for my kids! LOL.

20. S.I.D. CrAzY

May 16, 2009
    Fingerprint magnet....I hate that.