iPhone GT Racing: Motor Academy HD for ipad (video and picts)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by salsamd, May 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ipod's rock

ipod's rock Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2010
    So this is HD? Please show 2x mode to please:)

2. darwiniandude

darwiniandude Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2008
    You bet it's HD. I can't wait :) Here are some crappy screens from mine just quickly. But at least it's silky smooth. 2x mode:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Look at the stand on the right in the second shot, or the arrows on the road in the first.

3. ipod's rock

ipod's rock Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2010
    #4 ipod's rock, May 15, 2010
    Last edited: May 15, 2010
    ok thanks! I am going to need this one!!

4. Random_Guy

Random_Guy Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    Please don't quote large pictures. It's very annoying.

5. don_k

don_k Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    No it's not. It's full res screenshots.

6. Random_Guy

Random_Guy Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2009
    Australia, mate!
    You get my point.

7. alienmeatsack

alienmeatsack Active Member

Jan 19, 2009
    IT Department
    Oklahoma
    Wow, looks nice! And the customizable GUI is sweet, a nice touch! :D

I personally prefer full resolution shots so I can see the game in all it's glory. Although, maybe if they were posted smaller with a link to see them full sized? I dunno. :)

8. heffdog116

heffdog116 Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2009
    South Florida
    Any idea when this is due out? Just picked up nfss but if this could hold my interests as well!

Nevermind, saw it releases in June. At least the iPhone versions, how does this hold up to nfss?

9. Diablohead

Diablohead Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2009
    Freelancer, PC game developer
    I love this game, the HD version looks like a nice improvement if you not already played the game, a raise in resoultion along with better textures help it a lot.

New cockpits = good as most of them in the current app have black lines along them, they have never been fixed in any patch :( so I don't use it.

10. blk04a4

blk04a4 Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2009
    xray tech
    bay area cali
    like this? does this annoy you?

11. kyllin

kyllin Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2009
    That's funny:D

12. iFonePhanatic

iFonePhanatic Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    Student
    USA
    Isn't this game out already? Why is this upcoming games thread still open?

13. darwiniandude

Nov 1, 2008
    Ha. Ha. :) No point reposting them, the original complainer has a point I guess. Not everyone will be using a device that allows easy pinch zoom etc.

Quoting them again is a bit pointless bit that's originally not what I did. I posted 2x shots for the purpose of comparing the iPad native ones to the upscaled iPhone versions, a comparison I feel is useful to those considering the game. Besides, iPad users will not have issue with the graphic size, it's certainly fine on my 3GS.

Anyway, really looking forward to this one. I played it on the iPhone a fair amount but the iPad is the better device.

I really want a way to sync profile data accros devices, it's a pain as it is now. Probably the best thing about We Rule is the profile data sync.

14. darwiniandude

Nov 1, 2008
    No it's not out. The iPhone version is, but this is the iPad forum.

15. iFonePhanatic

iFonePhanatic Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    Student
    USA
    #16 iFonePhanatic, May 23, 2010
    Last edited: May 23, 2010
    Oh, I thought they said it was already available on Gameloft's video of the iPad version.

Edit: It does say it's already available on iPad in Gameloft's video (first post of this thread, got to the last 5 sec of the video)

Attached Files:

16. Fujibayashi

Fujibayashi Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2009
    Japanese / Korean translator.
    Mililani, O'ahu, Hawai'i
    hopefully they tone down the difficulty.

Good LORD I hope they turn down the difficulty, or at least add a "completely unrealistic arcade" mode. I played GT RACING maybe three times for the iPhone before giving up out of sheer frustration, deleting the game, and turning my attention to Real Racing / Rally Master Pro / Asphalt 4&5. Don't get me wrong, I *looooove* Gameloft racers - but they need to have a "for seriously gaming impared" difficulty setting for those of us who just want to play through the thing quickly and move on. At least make it an option to make the enemy AI slower by 50%. Not everyone on the planet wants to spend hours and hours just trying to unlock cars and tracks. It's a chore, and it's not fun for the extreme casual gamer.

17. darwiniandude

Nov 1, 2008
    Agreed, difficulty settings are a must... for any iPhone/iPad game. These aren't dedicated consoles so they are purchased by thousands of people with various levels of gaming experience and available time. Also, even those who are hugely into consoles and spend most of their life gaming, will all take to touchscreen/tilt controls differently, there is quite a learning curve to iDevice controls, something long term iphone gamers like me often forget.

This, and proper save states, are a must.

18. alienmeatsack

alienmeatsack Active Member

Jan 19, 2009
    IT Department
    Oklahoma
    Fuji, I am a big sim fan, I love the challenge, but I also agree that sometimes the difficulty gets in the way of having fun.

Makes me think of Codemasters TOCA racing on the PS1 ages ago. It was so difficult I just could not even bring myself to play or enjoy it,

19. Diablohead

Diablohead Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2009
    Freelancer, PC game developer
    I find the AI rather simple as long as you look into upgrading the car you chose for each class, asphalt 5 is much harder then this...