Contributors version of TA

Discussion in 'Site Feedback and News' started by Paradiso, Jan 18, 2011.

1. Paradiso

Paradiso Well-Known Member

I noticed on macrumors there's a contributors version of the site, where you pay $25 a year for an ad free main page.

Maybe I'm in the minority here, but I'd be willing to pay some sort of yearly fee to remove the ads. I visit this site more times a day than I can count, so it'd be a nice feature.

Maybe the way the site is built prevents this, but I was just curious why there isn't an option for it.

2. Booch138

Booch138 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    I'm good with how it is. But for those that would want this, that would be nice. Ads don't bother me none, and as long as all the features were intact as the paid version, I won't complain. I am just broke as shit LOL

3. K?!

K?! Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2010
    alea iacta est
    MidianGTX asked about this and arn said he would consider it if there was enough interest. Too lazy to find the quote.

4. Paradiso

The ads aren't that bad, but I usually visit on my iPad, so I have to wait for the whole page to load before I click on anything, or else the ads will pop up and shift the page down making my click register somewhere I didn't touch.

In fact, I wouldn't even care if the ads were left, if they weren't right above the thread listings :p

5. Paradiso

Seems like it would only involve hosting a second site without the ads built in, and requiring a login to access it. I've only dabbled in web development though, so maybe it's harder than it sounds. Or maybe it's not worth the $200 a year it'd generate lol