Kiaro Soft Question

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by proof21, Jun 12, 2012.

1. proof21

proof21 Well-Known Member

May 25, 2012
    Hi, I'm looking to play one of these "story" games, is there an end to them? Are they easy to pick up and play and not overwhelming? How long are they usually?

Thanx

2. GeekyDad

GeekyDad Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2012
    Games Journalist
    Well, there is an end, but the ones I've played always allow you to NG+ with the stuff you've acquired from previous playthroughs. They're kind of easy to pick up and play, but the games also don't necessarily hold your hand. You're usually given some basics, but the details you'll have to learn on your own via the in-game libraries. Let's just put it this way, if you're worried about a learning curve, don't be. They're pretty addictive, but also a bit hit & miss, depending on your taste. Loved Dev Story, but wasn't as enamored by Oh Edo Towns. This latest one looks to be possibly their best. Haven't tried it myself, though.

3. Quazonk

Quazonk Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2011
    Get your feet wet with Game Dev Story, and decide from there. It's absolutely awesome, and it's almost a sure-fire good way to spend your 4 bucks. After that it's kinda hit and miss. Mega Mall story and Epic Astro Story are probably the best follow-ups.

4. Bparker

Bparker Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2011
    A beta tester at home
    Atlantic, IA
    I also really enjoyed dungeon Village but yes i would say start with Game Dev Story it is definently the best of thier games and is a great buy.

5. Tannorexic

Tannorexic Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Student
    Somewhere in the spiritual realm
    Just try some of the lite versions to figure out which kairo game suits you best. I'd recommend game dev story or oh edo towns or venture towns as a first since they are quite self explanatory..some of the others can be a little confusing like pocket academy. Theres free lite versions of all the kairo games I think...but probably not dungeon village yet

6. proof21

proof21 Well-Known Member

May 25, 2012
    Thanx for all the responses, one more thing, how long does it take take to finish said game?

7. krautboy

krautboy Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2011
    #7 krautboy, Jun 12, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2012
    Not exactly sure but you'll get a good chunk of playtime out of them.
    In Epic Astro Story your score is based on a 16 year playtrough. A day lasts about 3 seconds but stops counting when your busy managing,using menu's ,equipping and so on.
    After that you can keep on playing for as long as you want or start a new game with some benefits so you can go for a new high score. I wouldn't worry about a Kairosoft Game being too short .