Games like Cartoon Wars?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by soccerstud652, Oct 4, 2009.

1. soccerstud652

soccerstud652 Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2009
    Hi all. Sorry for the new thread, but I remember there being a game similar to Cartoon Wars in the app store. Anyone know the name?

Thanks.

2. Ancient War and The Wars both are awesome and both have demos to check out.

3. Kunning

Kunning Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2009
    And XenoWars. It looks like a really good game, and IMO it's Cartoon Wars with better graphics, unlimited troop upgrades, and a fun Match 3 aspect integrated into the game. You should check it out!

4. skyye06

skyye06 Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2009
    student
    Texas
    Galaxy Front is one of the best versions of the Castle Attack genre

5. JMitnik

JMitnik Active Member

Jul 24, 2009
    Yeah I was lookong for the same thing. Which one of all these is the best?

6. Kunning

Aug 30, 2009
    Personally, I'd recommend XenoWars or Galaxy Front. They're the best outta these four IMO. If I had to pick, probably XenoWars.

7. skyye06

Jul 21, 2009
    student
    Texas
    Your asking the right guy;).

I find the wars and medieval to be mediocre.

While ancient wars, cartoon wars, and galaxy front to be in the top.

Most them have lites but you can try yourself.

Galaxy I say is the best out of them in terms of graphics and just plain fun but not by much. Cartoon wars has really good upgrades and has an endless mode but is still kind of unbalanced. And ancient wars well I don't really like the dev and I dislike the artwork.

They are all 99c and would be a good choice to get either one.

I don't count xenowars because I don't have it and don't plan on it.

8. Kunning

Aug 30, 2009
    Actually skyye, Galaxy Front is now $2.99, so I'd go with XenoWars for only 99 cents. :p Yeah, I just checked Galaxy Front's price and it was $2.99...

9. skyye06

Jul 21, 2009
    student
    Texas
    Well I think its still worth it, my favorite of the CA genre. xenowars looks a bit unpolished to me and a ripoff of cartoon wars(not necessarily a bad thing).

10. Kunning

Aug 30, 2009
    To me the graphics of XenoWars looked more polished than Cartoon Wars, and the Match 3 aspect seems like it would be fun and intriguing to play around with. However, I do agree the Galaxy Wars is a good CA game.

11. bravetarget

bravetarget Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2009
    all the credit cartoon wars gets is embarassing. the game is so unpolished, all the way down to core game mechanics.

xenowars is not only far more polished than cartoon wars is, but the additional gameplay mechanics added (like stop and go control) make it far superior to cartoon wars.

not sure why there is such a large popularity gap.

12. My personal preferences are in order:
    1 The Wars

5 Xeno Wars
    couldn't find youtube video

I think Cartoon Wars is way too easy..just build up huge mana pool. Galaxy Front way too dark for my taste. Not too sure about Xeno Wars but doesn't look appealing to me.

13. dominator246

dominator246 Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2009
    I hate "The Wars" it's basically the first one to get the most expensive unit on the last age wins.

BTW anyone know the name of that Medieval game for this genre? I can't remember it. Same style as cartoon wars but way more polished and in medieval times. That deserves some mention

14. skyye06

Jul 21, 2009
    student
    Texas
    "Medieval", I'm pretty sure thats what its called and I find it decent but better than the wars