sonic news

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by sjleworthy, Mar 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sjleworthy

sjleworthy Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2008
    3D & Architectural Artist
    Cardiff, Wales, UK
  2. le'deuche123

le'deuche123 Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    WE NEED ALTERED BEAST!!! But Sonics cool too.

3. PointOfLight

PointOfLight Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    Sorry, but if it's just a rehash of the genesis version, I'll stick with the one I have for the PC or the one I have on my Palm. If they're going to bring an IP like this to the iPhone, at least make an original adventure out of it.

Altered Beast would be great! That was always a fun game. I also think they should remake Comix Zone.

4. le'deuche123

Feb 5, 2009
    You know I don't know why sega doesn't do a classics line...It would be even cooler if they just came out with some kind of emulation software that could be an app in and of itself and then download the Sega Games (ala Stanza) to play on the emulator. I know this can be done on J/B Touch/phone but I want a legit version. A mini genesis in my pocket. I would fork over some dough for that.

5. sjleworthy

Dec 18, 2008
    Cardiff, Wales, UK
    what's up with the Genesis version?

what's 'IP' mean?

personally, any Sonic The Hedgehog on my Touchwill be a welcome addition for me, original or not. personally i wouldn't know the difference, especially as i'm not JB'd or played on the Genesis version.

:)

6. PointOfLight

PointOfLight Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    Programmer
    Indiana, USA
    There's nothing wrong with the Genesis version. Sega Genesis is where Sonic originated. It's just that I've already played the Genesis version on 3 different platforms (Genesis, PC and Palm), so I'd like something new.

Intellectual Property; basically, the ideas a developer comes up with (way oversimplified, I know, but I don't know the official definition)

7. HardcoreEricXXX

HardcoreEricXXX Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Virginia
    I always thought it meant Internet protocol, ya learn something new everyday

8. le'deuche123

Feb 5, 2009
    Actually you're both right. See homonym:D

9. coconutbowling

coconutbowling Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    Student
    Pennsylvania
    hmmmm, this could be hit or miss, Sonic is awesome, but bad controls can ruin the game. If it is good though, I'd love to see Sonic 2 and 3.

10. Diablohead

Diablohead Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2009
    Freelancer, PC game developer
    I own the sonic games for SMS and MD, I own sonic on xbla and on my mobile phone and i'll buy it again because I love the blue hedgehog XD

The 2D games at least, most of the 3D sonic games went downhill.

All Sonic 1 needs is jump, run left and right and up and down to look and roll, if they make it control like Bounce On or have tilting to run as an option replaying the classic sonic's will feel fresh and unique.

11. spamboy

spamboy Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2008
    Would it be that hard to make a new game without simply emulating it? I already bought the Genesis version for my 5G. I'm not touching this and any sega title unless it's original, or unless it's got the words 'Jet', 'Set', and 'Radio' in it. :)

PS Sega, please don't take my quote the wrong way and give Sonic the Hedgehog, say, a sword - oh wait...

12. THEDeliriumTrigger

THEDeliriumTrigger Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2008
    Im lovin this, ive always wanted a sonic title on my ipod, and i dont want it any different, itll bring me back to a better time..... cant wait!

13. nizy

nizy Well-Known Member

Interesting news, but its a shame that its just an emulated port of the original. I was hoping for a new 2D or 3D sonic game, made specifically for iphone, with nice, smooth graphics and gameplay actually designed for the system; not simply a quick and easy port. I already have sonic 1 on megadrive and wii - do i really need it on my touch too?

14. le'deuche123

Feb 5, 2009
    I agree the new sonics blow. I don't want a new game as much as I want the classics. Also like I said I want other "emulated" sega games.

15. Finchypoo

Finchypoo Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2008
    This is awesome news. The Genesis Sonic games are all wonderful and I hope to see all of them eventually on the iPhone. It helps that sonic had such basic controls that we wont be dealing with tons of weird transparent buttons floating on the screen.

Here's hoping they also emulate the Sonic & Knuckles cartridge with Sonic 2 or 3 plugged into the top of it. That was an awesome feature at the time and gave you a reason to replay the old games again.

16. sjleworthy

Dec 18, 2008
    Cardiff, Wales, UK
    yes yes yes :)

i too have sonic 1,2 & 3 on the mega drive, and if i could have any of them exactly duplicated on my Touch (without JB) i'd be in heaven :)

17. K.D!

K.D! Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    England
    Sonic 1? Man this sucks! Don't get me wrong, I love the original but I already own it on multiple platforms.

Give me Sonic 2 instead!

18. don_k

don_k Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    Yes you can't spin and dash in Sonic 1. They should just release the trilogy.

19. K.D!

K.D! Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    England
    Actually, in the port of Sonic 1 Sega released for the Gamboy Advance, they added the spin dash feature to it.

20. le'deuche123

Feb 5, 2009
    Well hopefully this is the start of many SEGA classic releases.