Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 08-01-2013, 02:48 AM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by biokid View Post
To be fair for those who already purchase the game, the dev should make it free for a day (e.g. like Gesundheit) the crank it back up to normal price, so those who already purchase the game don't need to pay twice.
They don't need to do anything besides KEEP IT IN THE APPSTORE.
Old 08-01-2013, 04:18 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike.Jujubee View Post
It is a refreshed version of "Suspect in Sight!", with improved graphics, enhancements and tweaks and all content (30 missions, 3 cities, etc.). We also managed to fit it into a much smaller file (88MB). It is available for the promotional price of $0.99.
Soooo, IMHO what we are getting is:

- Improved graphics: screenshots seem identical to previous version though...
- Enhancements and tweaks: which ones? Bugfixes?...
- Smaller download file: 88MB... And what about the installed file size? Did that get reduced too? My main objection wasn't download size, but the fact that installed size was 4 times the download size.
- Promotional price of $0.99... Pay again for those who already bought it.

Now my point of view: I got the game on a free sale you made more than a year ago, and I guess many others did the same. Sales were never as expected, and you chose to remove that version and add an "anniversary" revised one to try and give a new relaunch to the game.

I bought the IAP heli in the old version to support you because I liked the game, but always thought it took too much space on my phone for the casual gameplay it had.

It would have been a much smarter move from your side to leave the original app available and add a new anniversary one with new content, maybe a new city, new helis or something like that. I might have thought about buying it again that way (I got the app free, but I did pay for the heli.) Now you've got all your faithful supporters (1 or 1 million, I don't know, but it's exactly the same) against you because of your move. Good luck with it.

Like it or not, I'll be adding the "new anniversary edition" game to the wish list of AppShopper until it drops to free, and if it never does, too bad, I'll stick with the old version. Won't be supporting these kind of moves in the app store... Happy anniversary guys

Last edited by VirtualBoyFreak; 08-01-2013 at 04:21 AM..
Old 08-01-2013, 09:08 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

If you got the previous version there's no point to download the new one. There are minor changes, but in matter of content you still get the same number of missions, 3 cities, etc. and you can still download it from your purchases list, so you don't lose anything and there's no plans to add new content, so also in the future you will not lose anything.

We relased it as a new version only because of these 2 reasons:

1) we removed the virtual stick and did not want to force anyone to stop using it (it was available in the previous version). If we would post it as an update many users would lose the virtual stick and feel unhappy about it;

2) we also removed the "Wall of Fame" due to various technical reasons - we didn't want anyone to feel that some content was removed;

We think that the game plays better with motion controls only but we didn't want to force the users of the previous version to shift to the accelerometer (in the previous one there was a virtual joy). This is why we felt that it would be better to release it as a separate build because many users wouldn't be happy with such a big change.

But as I wrote before if you stick with the old version you don't lose anything in matter of content, etc., so there's nothing to be worry about and we won't be adding a new city, chopper, missions, etc. in the future, this is the final version of the game and you get exactly the same what you got with the original, except that in this version there's no virtual stick nor "Wall of Fame".

You know it wasn't an easy decision to do and we are sorry if anyone feels bad about it but from our experience it would be worse to remove a feature in an update because we think this would be much more frustrating. Most players don't read the update notes and would be surprised that some stuff is missing. But as said before you can always download the previous version from your Purchases list and once again - if you own the previous version stick with it, you won't lose anything from the experience, content, etc, because there's no new content in this version.
Old 08-01-2013, 10:17 AM
iPhone 4S, iOS 6.x

Eh, I have pretty mixed feelings about all of this. On the one hand, I have the old game and I don't care for tilt controls and the game is essentially the same as the old version so there's no reason to buy this edition. On the other hand I always think it's dirty to pull a game and then re-release it under a new name. Yet at the same time the dev isn't trying to hide what they've done. I don't think they had a good excuse for it. I mean, they could have kept in both control options. Removing one that works fine is silly. But it's their game, I got it free as I have every game from jujubee... so eh, I guess they drop a notch on my list of devs I like.
Old 08-01-2013, 11:34 AM

Hi

I was working on this game, 90% of 3d art in there was made by me.

Sorry you feel this way about this edition, the most important fact that make us made decision to release it as a new version rather than update the old one is that your save games would not work after update...
We started it as Android version so we didn't care about previous save game system and it was to late when we decided to put it on iOS as well.
About the virtual joy we think accelerometer is much better for this one and giving people option means that many of them will not even try to use accelerometer and will miss most of the fun this game have to offer - it was design with accelerometer in mind.
Old 08-01-2013, 11:45 AM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude.jujubee View Post
Hi

I was working on this game, 90% of 3d art in there was made by me.

Sorry you feel this way about this edition, the most important fact that make us made decision to release it as a new version rather than update the old one is that your save games would not work after update...
We started it as Android version so we didn't care about previous save game system and it was to late when we decided to put it on iOS as well.
About the virtual joy we think accelerometer is much better for this one and giving people option means that many of them will not even try to use accelerometer and will miss most of the fun this game have to offer - it was design with accelerometer in mind.
This game is all kinds of fun with the tilt controls. Feels like controlling a real heli.
Old 08-02-2013, 11:26 AM

Default Game Impressions

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up
Old 08-02-2013, 03:56 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Nice vid!