Invaders from Girth - Sneak peak from Matmi

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Matmi, Sep 21, 2009.

1. Matmi

Matmi Well-Known Member

May 14, 2009
    Creative Director
    Manchester
    #1 Matmi, Sep 21, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2009
    Hello

We are currently working on a few name games for the iPhone.

The first is called Invaders from Girth.

I cannot give too much away but what I can say is that its a space shootem up like you have never seen before.

1950's sci fi style!

Attached Files:

2. Frog

Frog Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2009
    The image looks good. Can you give some more details? Is it 2D or 3D, is there a storyline?

3. Matmi

Matmi Well-Known Member

May 14, 2009
    Creative Director
    Manchester
    I cannot give too much information away at the moment.

In a galaxy far away there is a sausage shaped planet called Girth. This is where the Monster Mafia characters live.

Wolly superior has invaded Girth and is trying to clone the wollies (the inhabitants) and make them into his evil troops. He must be stopped before its too late.

You play Mango and must stop Wolly Superior in his tracks. Destroy all the enemies and free the Wollies from the forbidden zone.

There will be ship and weapon upgrades and multiple levels of crazy fast action.

The game maybe in 2D or 3D or maybe both, you will have to wait and see.

4. Prab

Prab Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Dec 17, 2008
    CS student
    SG
    Keep us updated with more artwork :)

So far the 3D rendering looks nice :D

5. Matmi

Matmi Well-Known Member

May 14, 2009
    Creative Director
    Manchester
    We like producing 3D and love making charcater design. Have you seen our website or our Monster Pinball game?

6. Devilishly Good

Devilishly Good Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    The Underworld
    I will definitely be keeping an eye out for this one...monster pinball had beautiful art and awesome sounds

7. Prab

Prab Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Dec 17, 2008
    CS student
    SG
    Yup.. Saw Monster Pinball. But not really a pinball fan in general so I didnt get the game :)

8. Matmi

Matmi Well-Known Member

May 14, 2009
    Creative Director
    Manchester
    Even if you don't like pinball you may like Monster Pinball. Its totally different than normal pinball, its pinball 2.0 ;)

There is a free lite version that has just been released if you want to taste our graphics and gameplay or just play one of our other flash games or visit our website to see what were up to.

We are very well known for our flash games but have recently been concentrating our efforts into the iPhone.

Invaders from Girth is my own personal project that I have been wishing to make for many years. Flash was never powerful to do what I wanted. Now we can.

This game is going to rock.

9. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    In my opinion, you don't have to really be a pinball fan to enjoy Monster Pinball. The game is so fast, it's more about staying alive and having fast reaction speeds than it is about aiming for certain targets like a traditional pinball game. And the art style, fantastic sound effects, and overall polish add a lot to the enjoyability factor for me. I say you should at least check out the lite version, and you might be surprised and love it.

Matmi, I love shooters, and I'm very excited to learn more about this one. Especially that you got the 50's vibe going on. One of my all time favorite games is the original Destroy All Humans. The humor and retro vibe they had going on in that game was awesome! Can't wait to see some more info on this game!

10. Frog

Frog Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2009
    The story sound good! I've got Monster Pinball and it was very good, even while I didn't like Wild West Pinball, so I'll follow this game.

The game is for sure going to rock! :D

11. Matmi

Matmi Well-Known Member

May 14, 2009
    Creative Director
    Manchester
    Yeh I love the look of Destroy All Humans (forgot about that game), and I wanted to base our game in the 1950's as its an awesome look. From what I have seen Matmi making 1950's is working pretty well. Our chief designer Hamish (who designed Monster Pinball) is working on this game, which pleases me ;)

I can't wait till its finished but I do not know if we will get out before Christmas.

We are going all out with this game, I want it to be the perfect space shooter, oozing with great gameplay and awesome graphics.

Watch this space.

12. Shinto

Shinto Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2009
    Spain
    Best of luck on your next and now personal game, I think Monster pinball is one of the best iDevice games and I will be waiting the new game. The alien theme looks very promising

13. Matmi

Matmi Well-Known Member

May 14, 2009
    Creative Director
    Manchester
    Hi, nice to catch up again. Yeh I know you as a fan of Monster Pinball (we have a new updated version coming out soon) I think we have another game up our sleeve which you are really going to like.

I can't really say much more yet, but I can tell you that it will be out especially for Christmas.