New site for discovering game composers

Discussion in 'Developer Services and Trade' started by indieloopgarden, Feb 17, 2012.

1. Hi everyone,

My name is Vince, I'm a composer and the creator of the site Indie Loop Garden which has recently launched.

Before I go on, let me say that the artists on the site are the people responsible for games like Fez, Aiko Isalnd, Soulcaster and Hydorah to name just a few. We've contributed to events like the Indie Game Music Bundle and the OCRemix 25yearlegend (Zelda) project.

We composers figure that many devs may not know where to look for reliable people with a track record in creating custom sounds for games. Thats why we decided to make things easier by putting our portfolios and contact details together in one place. All you have to do is browse through by category and contact the musician that you like the sound of most. We cover everything from orchestral to chiptunes.

We also have provided some useful resources for new devs covering issues like pricing, copyright and licensing.

Feel free to check out our site, we'd really value your feedback and welcome any suggestions you might have! Say hi either here or on twitter (@indieloopgarden) or shoot me an email at [email protected] if you have any questions.

Thanks and happy gaming!

Vince

Links:

www.indieloopgarden.com
    3 minute audio showreel http://soundcloud.com/indie-loop-garden/play-me

Tweet @indieloopgarden
    blog: http://www.indieloopgarden.com/blog/

My website www.vincewebb.com

2. IntrinsicGames

IntrinsicGames Well-Known Member

Thanks for posting Vince! Hopefully this will be useful for some of the devs around here, and it's always great to have another great audio resource available.

Ah, say hello to Ian for us, he was kind enough to take the time to help us with some DS audio stuff for our game Divergent Shift (frmly Reflection).

3. Will do! Ian's experience as a developer as well as a kickass composer was a fantastic asset to us as we were building the site. Plus he's a super nice guy :)

4. DistantJ

DistantJ Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2012
    I produce game music; where do I sign up?

5. The best thing you can do right now is subscribe to our blog or twitter feed for updates! We're still very new so it doesn't make sense for us to bring more folks on board just yet. Thanks for your interest!