RC Heli - Indoor Racing - (Sneak Peak)

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by FrozenPepper, Aug 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FrozenPepper

FrozenPepper Well-Known Member

Feb 4, 2009
    #1 FrozenPepper, Aug 28, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2009
    HI all!
    Long time has passed since I first announced I was working on a RC helicopter simulator. Much has happened since then, and finally i'm here to show something.

FrozenPepper teamed up with Ethervision and iDev2 to bring a high quality and very polished game.

- Stunning 3D graphics and very precise controls will teach you how to fly a micro RC Helicopter in a awesome 3 floor house.

- 2 game modes : Free Flight and Race. Unlock rooms to explore in Free Flight mode by completing race tracks

- 6 unlockable tracks marked by in air checkpoint will let you compete with players from all the world for best time on global score boards.

- Send your latest track time to Facebook / Twitter directly from game!

- Fixed camera to practice with controlling a real RC helicopter.

- Detailed Tutorial will teach player the basics of RC Helicopter flying and controls.

This is just a sneak peak so I can't say much more, but game should be available on store quite soon!

Here is a little video of the game (shot on iphone 1st generation, frame rate almost double's on ipod touch or 3gs, we will provide a new video soon )

Will be back soon with more info's.
    Bye all
    FrozenPepper

Edit : attached introScreen and 1 new screenshot!
    Edit : Game will available for download on appStore on FRIDAY 4 september 2009 !!!!
    It will have a very special price of 0.99$ for all the week end (until monday)!

Attached Files:

2. DHrox

DHrox Well-Known Member

Jan 21, 2009
    College Student
    Baltimore, MD
    That looks awesome. Moreso than the original announcement. One thing I noticed is the jerkiness of the helicopter. Is that the framerate or physics/movement modeling?

3. Palfince

Palfince Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2008
    England
    I agree, the game looks great but the helicopter seems to shake a lot.

Any chance there will be some unlockable helicopters in an update?

4. theone1007

theone1007 Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    USA
    Wow, that looks so cool! Awesome graphics also, great job on the game can't wait for its release.

5. LBG

LBG SeƱor Member

Apr 19, 2009
    nada ilegal
    31.560499, -111.904128
    Looks good.
    Is there a free flying mode (where you can just fly about the house at your own leisure)? If not, could you please add it in an update. The graphics look pretty good, and having multiple rooms (how many are there, btw?) is nice.

6. FrozenPepper

Feb 4, 2009
    Yes! Every time you complete a track, a room of the house will get unlocked and you will be able to explore it in Free Flight mode.

I'm attaching 2 menu's screenshots.

Shaking is partially due to iphone 1st generation and to physics. Game is made to be very realistic but still simple to control. Air currents will influence your heli's flight.

Attached Files:

7. ImNoSuperMan

ImNoSuperMan Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2009
    Looks damn good. Btw are there only touch screen controls or there is an option for accelerometer controls too?

8. randomdude

randomdude Well-Known Member

Mar 21, 2009
    cool price?

9. Squirt Reynolds

Squirt Reynolds Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2009
    California
    This looks really cool. I like how it's set inside a very realistic-looking house.

Something definitely has to be done about the helicopter shaking though. I saw you mentioned that it was partially due to being on a 1st gen iPhone.

Does that mean there won't be any shaking on later iPhone/iTouch models?

Because if you could get the copter to be shake-free, it would be a much smoother looking flying experience, therefore much more enjoyable IMO.

10. brewerpaul

brewerpaul Member

May 11, 2009
    Looks very cool. And it's bound to be a lot cheaper than the $100+ I spent to trash a real RC heli...:(

11. Cybinary

Cybinary Member

Jul 20, 2009
    I will be picking this game up for sure since my other hobby is flying real RC helicopters!! :D

Looks great! Can't Wait!

12. ibow-wow

ibow-wow Member

Aug 20, 2009

Looks great!

It would be cool to have a free play mode and even a TAg multiplayer mode.

I am a huge fan of leaderboards too!

As a fellow RC guy, this is really cool to be able to fly a little when it may not be the best day for outside flying. When it gets done, let me know I will tweet alll my RC customers and buddies.

bow wow

13. Ethervision

Ethervision Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Excellent. Thanks for sharing the news with the RC Heli community.

This was shot on a 1st gen iPhone. We wanted to get the first teaser out fast. The next video will either be on 2nd gen Touch or iPhone 3g. It runs buttery smooth on those.

14. defaude

defaude Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    1st gen iPhone and 3G have nearly the same 3d performance, the difference in polygone rate etc. is under 0,5 % ;)

15. ibow-wow

ibow-wow Member

Aug 20, 2009
    Can't wait. Will be one of the first buyers. Do you have a general time line?

Also pm sent

16. eggzbacon

eggzbacon Well-Known Member

May 17, 2009
    The Golden State
    PM sent for what?

17. Ethervision

Ethervision Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2009
    It should be approved mid next week or sooner:)

18. FrozenPepper

Feb 4, 2009
    #18 FrozenPepper, Sep 1, 2009
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2009
    First thing THANKS to all for interest and replies!

Player can choose between touch controls or accelerometer controls.
    Also player can choose "control mode 1 or 2" as on real remotes, to have sticks inverted so that main rotor throttle can be on left or right stick (and pitch and yaw on the other one...)

In real use I actually found the difference to be bigger (not much, but often quite perceivable). But we were referring to ipod touch 2g or 3GS on wich game works really VERY VERY smooth! So, sorry for mistake, point is, new video is coming!!!!!!
    A part from hurry to show video before game launch we shot on 1st generation iphone also to demonstrate how still playable game is on older devices even with very high quality graphic.

See you soon with more news!

19. beetle004

beetle004 Well-Known Member

Mar 23, 2009
    interesting game.

20. FrozenPepper

Feb 4, 2009
    Thanks!!
    Also replied again to your Pm a few seconds ago.