Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 04-19-2013, 11:58 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by slewis7 View Post
A bunch of folks are referring to this old Cauldron II game I never heard of, so I looked it up. Here is the Wikipedia link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cauldro...n_Strikes_Back
That's the one. Very difficult due to the way the bounce movement worked (this app doesn't use the same mechanic), but as a young kid you tend to enjoy games even when you totally suck at them.
Old 04-21-2013, 08:00 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

So I bought the game and I am enjoying it quite a bit. It is not easy, but there seems to be unlimited lives which makes sense to me for this game. Although I usually avoid tilt controls, I prefer them over touch for this game as it seems to make bouncing to nearby platforms easier and works quite well here. It might be nice to have some indication as to the total diamonds to collect within a room so none are missed before exiting, but then again this game is old school.

What is the purpose of the timer that counts down to zero? Imwas thinking at that point the game would end, but it didn't. Instead the timer just stayed at zero from then on.

Developers, please add Game Center support!
Old 04-21-2013, 08:39 PM
iPhone 3GS, OS 3.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
Woah, Bean's Quest meets Ghosts 'n Goblins, meets Swordigo? Really digging the vibe. I'd be all over this, but my girlfriend's monitoring my purchases.
You gotta put a foot down bro. Sure, now its just apps. Later she tells you that you cant get a new iPad. Stop the madness NOW.
Old 04-30-2013, 07:39 AM

Quote:
What is the purpose of the timer that counts down to zero?
You get a higher score the faster you complete a chapter. The counter shows how much time is left until you won't get any additional time bonus for completing the level.

Quote:
Developers, please add Game Center support!
Thanks for the hint! We are currently checking whether this makes sense for coming updates.

Keep on rolling!
Old 04-30-2013, 07:49 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 7.x

Cant believe i missed this one !

The second i saw someone mention 'Cauldron' i thought i have to give this a try. I'm glad its not tilt only controls, enjoying the slider touch controls.

Cauldron (1 and 2) were classic 8 bit games, this is a great little game and well worth the money.

Only 'minor' criticism is the slider could be bigger (or ideally have a left/right button).

But very impressed, shall be telling my friends about this one
Old 04-30-2013, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Only 'minor' criticism is the slider could be bigger (or ideally have a left/right button).
Done

See coming update.
Old 04-30-2013, 09:48 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidianGTX View Post
Dude, I love you for finding this! Cauldron 2 brings back such good memories. I remember I had the first Cauldron game for months, possibly even years, before I noticed that Cauldron 2 was on the other side of the tape cassette. I only put it in the other way just to see if the game would still load and suddenly I found myself playing a whole new game. Totally blew my mind.

I love you, too, dude!