Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 03-12-2014, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lena View Post
I wonder what's up with the 65,000 highscore in Race Extreme. On the one hand, that seems way too high, on the other hand, I guess if you're quick enough maybe you really can go on for a very very long time? The person who has that score also has totally normal scores on the other modes leaderboards.
Yeah that one has me baffled. I don't think it's a cheat, but it's crazy. Maybe they hit a bug of some sort but I can't imagine what that could be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slamraman View Post
Fantastic game - got it on my phone but think I'll transfer to my mini and stick on my wife's iPad1. Perfect travelling game for me and another beauty from Choatic Box.
I spent a lot of time ensuring it's playable on small screens but iPad is where it's at iPad mini is probably the most comfy device for this game.
Old 03-12-2014, 12:45 PM
iPad, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaoticBox View Post
Yeah that one has me baffled. I don't think it's a cheat, but it's crazy. Maybe they hit a bug of some sort but I can't imagine what that could be.
Well, I'm relieved that you didn't say "Oh, that's my score, totally possible if you get some practice"
Old 03-12-2014, 03:31 PM
iPad, OS 4.x

So my husband has been practicing and now my highscores are compromised. I just doubled my race extreme highscore (well, we did). It totally feels like cheating (sorry GC friends), and also, I don't think I'll ever manage that alone so now I basically have no incentive to play alone anymore It *is* really fun to play together though, and adds an additional bit of strategy/frustration/teamplay dynamics.
Old 03-14-2014, 01:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lena View Post
So my husband has been practicing and now my highscores are compromised. I just doubled my race extreme highscore (well, we did). It totally feels like cheating (sorry GC friends)
Ha wow some of the Race mode scores are crazy (138K ). I guess if you go fast enough you can earn massive bonus time - I need better testers for my next game
Old 03-14-2014, 03:08 AM
iPad, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaoticBox View Post
Ha wow some of the Race mode scores are crazy (138K ). I guess if you go fast enough you can earn massive bonus time - I need better testers for my next game
I'm wondering if they discovered the multiplayer thing too. On one hand, in theory, you can go on for a long time in Race Mode even if playing alone, but then you need such awesome skills, I expect them to have way higher scores in other modes too. Though maybe they exclusively focused on this one mode of course. But still, usually if super high scores like that are possible the highest score is not quite this much of an outlier (#1 138K, #3 15K). But then, even for multiplayer 138K is *a lot*. I guess I'm just hoping the people scoring this high will search for the game, find this thread near the top of the search results, and tell us how it's done

I made Race Extreme my multiplayer game, so I can at least play the other modes by myself. In the interest of science, I'll see if we can break that 65K
Old 03-31-2014, 01:02 PM
iPad, OS 4.x

I had to quit playing this because I started seeing falling numbers in my dreams... My husband is still addicted though and has been trying to break my highscore over the past weeks. So, I thought I should be able to handle a few games again, and sure enough, I immediately broke my own highscore in rush extreme. I then played race normal and broke 20K there. That was thrilling. This game is so much fun. I really feel like it should be a casual hit. It has just the right amount of skill/chance, and games take just long enough to go for "one more try".

Still hoping for the top leaderboard people to show up here
Old 03-31-2014, 01:19 PM
iPad 2, OS 4.x

Anyone that´s interested can add me for leaderboards.
I might not be a challenge yet, but who knows how things turn out.

I really like number games, gave this one a try and woohoo, it kinda feels like a workout for your brain. Good stuff, recommended!
Old 04-02-2014, 01:01 PM
iPad, OS 4.x

Ha, I shouldn't have bragged about how you keep improving your highscore. Maybe there is a limit after all. At least I beat someone named "bacon for the win". Interesting that the absurdly high Race score trend didn't really continue. Still wondering what a realistic one person high score is. I sent you a GC request amusing Grace!
Old 07-01-2014, 10:47 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Dropped to Free for Canada Day. Hope to see more people on the leaderboards and maybe check out Chaotic Box's other games; he has a few App Store classics out there.
Old 07-01-2014, 08:53 PM

Go download this game now. I have a lifelong obsession with taking strings of numbers and trying to turn them into math equations (phone numbers, license plates, etc.). This game is scratching a very particular and satisfying itch.