Bloody Western by Mobicle [Free]: Xbox 360 and Over $1300 in Giftcards!!

Discussion in 'Promo Codes and Contests' started by AppsAsia, Apr 19, 2012.

1. AppsAsia

AppsAsia Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2010
    #1 AppsAsia, Apr 19, 2012
    Last edited: May 18, 2012
    [​IMG]

Trailer!

iTunes Link: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/bloody-western/id482532795?mt=8

Fanpage: http://www.facebook.com/bloodywestern

ADD ME Thread! http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=131021

Contest:

1. Post your tips, strategies and guides in the official Bloody Western TA Thread: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=130963

2. We will choose winners in this thread!

Week 1 winners:
    $ 10 Giftcards: justlegos, Daver16, kujen, danielfan, dreadnok, saiyukialex, Trev1, burn, Rokrdude, MuMiN
    $ 100 Giftcard: iANiMeX

Week 2 winners:
    $ 10 Giftcards: Daver16, xbeta, dreadnok, iANiMeX, saiyukialex
    $ 100 Giftcard: Justlegos

Week 3 winners:
    $ 10 Giftcards: iANiMeX, tso5818, armoko, dreadnok, justlegos
    $ 100 Giftcard: kujen

Week 4 winners:

$ 10 Giftcards: dreadnok, saiyukialex, tso5818, m13, Rokrdude, tecobiza and backtothis
    $ 100 Giftcard: Justlegos

Winner of Xbox 360: iANiMeX

Congratulations everybody!!

2. iANiMeX

iANiMeX Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2011
    Male
    Bum
    Philippines
    #2 iANiMeX, Apr 19, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2012
    Wow. Finally the game is released. Congrats and good luck. Will be looking forward to the contest. Will letting my twitter followers know about this release and upcoming contest. Thanks.

3. koyut

koyut Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2010
    Will check this out. A big contest.

4. saiyukialex

saiyukialex Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Shanghai, China
    Oh yeah! Finally OUT! It's been long time before the final release!

5. MuMiN

MuMiN Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2010
    Earth
    Super like!
    Great contest for a great game that finally out.

6. AppsAsia

Jun 10, 2010
    Contest Rules are now updated, please check out the poster!

7. iANiMeX

Jun 10, 2011
    Male
    Bum
    Philippines
    #7 iANiMeX, Apr 19, 2012
    Tip on how to level up fast:

Go take a quest, after you've depleted your "Action" points, take a duel until you depleted your duel points or gain a level. When you gain a level, spend your points on "Action" to take on more quest. Try to have at least 20 "Duel" points and the rest for the "Action". Do this until you gain enough level.

Another way to gain a "FAST LEVEL" is to take on the quest "Drinking Time: Bottoms Up". This quest only takes "10 Action" points and grants "25 exp and 1,000 Gold". Do this until you gain enough gold to buy the first "Decoration" equipment which cost 400,000 Gold to permanently gain "100 Action" points to take on more quest. I've made it to Level 38 with 350,000 gold in 1 hour with this trick.

In "Duel" mode, you can gain level even if you fight low level or low rank people. Just make sure you will be fighting a lower ATK and DEF than yours to avoid losing. Keep on doing this until you reach a higher rank. Doing duel also good for leveling up. 20 duels is equivalent to 100exp.

You almost don't need to buy the IAP if you want to play the game. Game is very much playable by doing my tips. You can gain level and gold fast than you won't be needing the IAP to buy Western Points.

8. AppsAsia

Jun 10, 2010
    wow already?!?! sweet!

9. iANiMeX

Jun 10, 2011
    Male
    Bum
    Philippines
    #9 iANiMeX, Apr 19, 2012
    Remember to finish or "Master" the quest to obtain a good equipment as a "Reward" for mastering the said quest. Some quest offers good equipment as a reward. I've mastered the first set of quest in over 2 hours after I've boosted my level using the "Fast Level-up" Trick.

You can also gain additional Gold by doing a "Gamble" located in "Refresh" menu. The rules of "Gamble" is whoever had the lower total card points will win the prize. "Gamble" basically doubles your bet. Just be prepared to lose. Lol.

When you gain 20 "Western Points" be sure to spend it on "5 Skill Point" to allocate it in your stats. "Action" point is the best option to spend those skill points.

I reached level 53 in just 2 straight hours of playing with the "Fast Level-up" trick I've posted. I think I will be level 100 in just 3-4 hours lol.

[​IMG]

10. saiyukialex

saiyukialex Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    Shanghai, China
    The first time you start the game, it requires some stuff to be downloaded. After that, you will watch a well-cut introducing scene, in which kills and violence are shown in Western.

You can play the game using Facebook account or without it. The benefit to use Facebook account is that all your progress can be saved on the server even when you change devices or delete the game and re-install.

Then you must select position between Sheriff or Outlaw and select you Class.

To be continued...

11. AppsAsia

Jun 10, 2010
    Thanks saiyukialex, please put your tips in the official bloody western TA thread

12. iANiMeX

Jun 10, 2011
    Male
    Bum
    Philippines
    #12 iANiMeX, Apr 19, 2012
    You can also turn "OFF" the cutscene in some mission by going to the "Option" and turning it "Off" there.

You also need to check if there are available "Event" everyday. Events can give you Gold, etc. if you win or completed it. You can find this "Event" section at the left of the "Lotto" menu. It is the scrolling menu. Wait until the "Event" menu shows.

Be sure to spend your "Lotto" points to win Gold or Points. I suggest going for the Gold since it only cost 1 Lotto point and you can win up to 1M Gold and above from this based on the multiplier.

Try adding "Friends" in the "Social Club" menu. Some Quest requires you to have a number of friends to play or take it.

Did you know that you can read the description of each "Quest" by clicking the (i) or Information button on every quest. This will give you a little story about that quest.

You can go to other places using the "World Map" to challenge other players on that Country or Location. You will be needing a "Move" points to move from different location. Obtain "Move" points by equipting a Horse.

You can also "Rob" other properties by going to the "Business" menu and choosing a person to rob there. Take note that you will be needing a high ATK and DEF before robbing someone to avoid failing. Failing will take Health and Duel points.

Also take note that you need to "DEPOSIT" your Gold in the "StrongBox" which is located in the "Refresh" menu. "DEPOSIT" Gold to avoid losing Gold when someone attacks you in "Duel" mode while you are offline. Your online player or character can still be selected or fought by other players at the "Duel" mode even if you are "OFFLINE". To avoid losing Gold, always use "DEPOSIT" before closing or quitting the game.

BUG REPORT: I noticed a bug. The "Deposit" and "Withdraw" function was inverted or switched. Using "Deposit" makes me Withdraw my Gold. Using "Withdraw" makes me Deposit my Gold. Hope you can fix this. Thanks.

13. dreadnok

dreadnok Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum I'm ou
    Get the right gear for the job
    Certain things can't be done without the use of items like the need for a "horse" to travel to different towns or equipping a "Glove" for bottoms up quest some Quests require that you have friends to do then such as Drinking Time

14. AppsAsia

Jun 10, 2010
    Thanks please post this in the Bloody Western Main TA thread!

15. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    AppsAsia, even though I suck at freemium games and mostly I don't like them... Still, thank you :) Thank you for another generous contest and with those prices I'll definitely at least try!

16. Daver16

Daver16 Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2011
    First off I gotta say that this isn't the IAP fest I thought it would be by reading the first couple posts in here it seems very possible to do everything in the game without IAP. I like that the movies are very high quality but I do not like how there isn't a multitasking ability and if I leave the game it has to login all over again.

When starting the tutorial explains quite a bit of what you need to know to get up and running but one thing I didn't understand was that in a duel you need to hit the bullets to succeed in defeating your opponent. After the tutorial I proceeded in doing the first couple missions to start leveling up, at this point you won't have enough action points to just keep going on quests so you'll have to duel some too. Once you get about 5000 gold go ahead a buy some gloves and equip them and add a couple friends on the social club ( Note you do not need to know the people, you can add some from Facebook or it will also list some random people you can add) So that you can do the Drinking Time - Bottoms up! quest, this quest gives 25 exp and 1000 gold which no others at the this point can compare. With this quest you can easily get lots of money and level up fairly fast! Like iAniMeX said be sure to put your gold in the strongbox if you are planning on shutting the game down otherwise you will come back and have nothing left ( Note I wish I would have read that one earlier!) and the buttons are also switched so you have to withdraw to deposit but I am sure that will be corrected quickly!

Suggestions:
    #1 - Allow for multitasking so you don't have to log back in each time you press the home button, could be rather annoying if you are playing on your phone and get texts that you want to answer or phone calls.
    #2 - Have an option to say how many times you want to do a quest so you don't have to spam press the button. I know there is something like this for when you are ranked the quests up but would be nice to be able to set a certain amount.
    #3 - On the level up screen have a button that will bring you to your stat screen if you press it so you can quickly allocate your new points. I couldn't figure out where to allocate them when I first started leveling up.

17. AppsAsia

Jun 10, 2010
    Thanks LOLavi :)

18. iANiMeX

Jun 10, 2011
    Male
    Bum
    Philippines
    #18 iANiMeX, Apr 19, 2012
    TIP:

You can reinforce your equipment in the "MY STATS" menu. Click on the desired equipment you wish to reinforce to up the ATK and DEF of that equipment. If the reinforcement fails, the "Durability" of the equipment will go down. Don't let the "Durability of the equipment to reach 0 or it will be destroyed. You can still recover loss "Durability" by using "Repair". There is always a limit on how far an equipment can reinforce. So be sure to take note of that before reinforcing the item. Remember that "Reinforce" uses Gold for 30% success rate, 1 Western Point for 70% success rate and $0.99 for a 100% success rate.

Note that you will not be able to see "MY STATS" if you got unused "Skill points".

You can also sell your old equipment by going to the "MY STATS" screen and clicking on a specified location or part of your body where the equipment was to show the available equipment for that said part. Click on the equipment you wish to sell and press "Sell"

Low on Health? Try going to "Refresh" and clicking on "Lodge" to gain 50% or 100% of your total "Health". Recovering "Health" cost gold.

19. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    This is a pretty insane contest..

20. AppsAsia

Jun 10, 2010
    Look forward to reading your tips :)