Oceanhorn - New Zelda-inspired title from developers of Death Rally!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Fox-One-1, Nov 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Would like lots of quests even small ones. Not bothered about fishing etc but if it was say a mini game things like that would be great

2. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Somethings like in Link Awakening where you needed special items to access secret areas or hidden treasures or bonus levels would be very awesome, that and what others said: loot to buy and sell, hunting, catching that special fish...

3. HeroComa

HeroComa Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    Student
    Long Beach, California
    You should make a mode when you finish the game like input a Master Mode with a new layout of quests with more difficultly and like in Zelda everything inverted so its more confusing but with different random treasure, and for replayabilty make mini games that is like a hoard mode where many enemies come out and you slay them to get special treasure and reach to the top to find another special item that is optional item/weapon to fight the last boss.

4. HeroComa

HeroComa Well-Known Member

Jul 13, 2009
    Student
    Long Beach, California
    And then for the map you should make it so that when we tap on the top right we can make the map laid out in a large scale but its transparent enough so we can see where we are going for convenience

5. araczynski

araczynski Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2009
    programmer
    omaha, ne
    ...and make sure it only costs a buck when released ;)

6. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    I just hope you're able to create a charming, memorable character with a personality and some background. Immensely important for a game like this.
    Heroes you don't remember aren't heroes.

7. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    I just hope you're able to create a charming, memorable main character with a personality and some background. Immensely important for a game like this.

8. Martin.Kis

Martin.Kis Active Member

Sep 20, 2010
    Hope the game will be awesome as it looks like!

Many Quests and much more Side Quests surrounded by a good story!
    Something collectable, a trade system, some secret power weapons, maybe an alternate ending...

Maybe a big side Quest to build up something big with the help of many other NPC and many different mini quests :D (like the old school SNES times :cool: )

9. Hambo12

Hambo12 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    I say give our hero a hat, and like at the end make it like majora mask were our character grows up and turns beast mode!! Or like twilight princess he can just turn in to a wolf,

10. Martin.Kis

Martin.Kis Active Member

Sep 20, 2010
    And most important: NO in-app-purchase!!

11. Hambo12

Hambo12 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2012
    on the internet
    & Update with new stuff

12. Creamer2010

Creamer2010 Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2010
    Poland
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Beauty picture.I Hope that game will work on 4g Ipod Touch:confused:

13. brujo5

brujo5 Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2012
    release date?

14. Jxsgamer

Jxsgamer Well-Known Member

Dec 28, 2011
    USA
    #434 Jxsgamer, Jan 7, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2013
    Hey, the Hero is sleeping: SS remembrance, then again, Link slept in LttP as well. :/

Since there are items on the side, I wonder if its going to be like TP for the wii, where you click X or Y to assign an item to A and then use it. Though that may be a little too chunky.

There could be just a menu that slides onto the screen like in TP and SS, you can assign items from there.

15. Future777

Future777 FDG Entertainment<br />Co-Founder
    Patreon Studio

There is a "b" button, if you look at the picture, there's an icon above the "A" which shows an item. The shoes can be used to roll or jump for example. But we're still tweaking controls, nothing should be considered as final at this time.

BTW: Thank you for all the ideas and feedback! Keep 'em coming! :)

16. Martin.Kis

Martin.Kis Active Member

Sep 20, 2010
    What about different clothes or maybe hats or bandanas or something like that, to give you special abilities. For example: fire resistant, more sword power, higher defense...
    This could although be combined with a secret special bandana (ore whatever) which is very hard to find and not necessary to finish the game.
    Plus: This changing clothes you should see on you Hero Skin, of cause :D

Another big question: Will the game be translated in different languages, most important in german??? :D

17. metroidvictim

metroidvictim Well-Known Member

lovin the reference to the armos statues! this is THE game i've been waiting for on ios since i first purchased an apple device years ago! the art is perfect, exactly the style i couldve hoped for in such a title. i love the HUD and item icons, and what little ive seen of the enemies... just awesome! my only hope is for an optional beastiary item to pick up in game, maybe from a sidequest or optional dungeon. after you slay a monster or boss (mini-bosses too?) it would load their 3d model onto a page with name, abilities or weaknesses and background lore!

18. Future777

Future777 FDG Entertainment<br />Co-Founder
    Patreon Studio

Yes :)

19. tognesimo

tognesimo Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2011
    Will the game out in 2013 or 2014? Considering graphics iPhone 5 will be able to handle the game?

20. shoi

shoi Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2012
    Please make it so that we can choose the language ourself!(not only choose automatically the language based on the OS settings)