Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Developer Discussion > Public Game Developers Forum

Old 08-21-2013, 04:55 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil128 View Post
wow thanks for pointing that out! It brings you to the german page, that could have been the problem.
Your welcome, thanks for posting your results.

They are interesting for me since I am trying to figure how to best advertist my next game.
Old 08-21-2013, 03:56 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

How are you guys doing the mobile ads? Isn't that in an invite only beta?
Old 08-22-2013, 04:27 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined View Post
That was an awesome post. So you got about 60 clicks for $20 but I am sure the number is a bit higher as you mentioned a lot of people will exit and search the app store rather than click.

I have been trying to plan some low cost advertising (like youtube, facebook and so on). I am trying to work out how to spend say $100-500 in advertising to try and maximise the the number of downloads of the next app I make.

I am unsure what would be the best. I am thinking of picking 4 or 5 different and spending 50 on each. Maybe aimed at the android version and 3 at the iOS version. The app will be free so I am hoping I am give it the kick start in downloads.
Thank you, glad you liked the post. Yea I didn't spend much but it appears that I ended up making it back plus more. I ended up receiving more than 60 downloads during the short ad time, not an exuberant amount but more than 60 for sure. I'm sure not all of the downloads came from seeing the ad, but it didn't seem to hurt. Next time I'll probably spend more and make the campaign longer.

I would definitely recommend YouTube and Facebook advertising. If you use Facebook I also recommend configuring the sections that let you target a specific audience. I would create a couple of campaigns as you've stated, and separate the iOS and Android versions. Also, definitely mention that the app is free. As I'm sure you know, people really like free apps.

Last edited by 8-Bit Avrin; 08-22-2013 at 08:20 PM..
Old 08-22-2013, 04:30 PM
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptid View Post
How are you guys doing the mobile ads? Isn't that in an invite only beta?
When I set up my app ad campaign on Facebook earlier this year there was a section that let me select mobile ad distribution. I believe it appeared after I inserted my app link due to Facebook recognizing that my ad was for a mobile app.
Old 11-21-2013, 09:28 PM
iPhone 3G, iOS 4.x

Anyone been trying their luck with Facebook recently? Also what's with these $50 facebook vouchers, they legit?
Old 11-27-2013, 04:49 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Send a message via AIM to adrianlikesbeer Send a message via Yahoo to adrianlikesbeer

I got an email about advertising for the holidays from Facebook that offers a mystery coupon that could be anywhere between $25 and $250.

It was good timing as I just started a campaign for the holidays for Shape Shuffle. This will be the second time I've run a Facebook campaign. I've kept the app price the same (free), however for the Facebook ads themselves, I've added 6 different pieces of creative to see if that has an effect on:
  1. The number of app installs
  2. The quality of the users (how many return the next day after playing, share the app, rate the app, etc.)

The campaign has only been going on for a day and a half right now so I'm going to give it the holidays before I report back with some stats.

Early observation... The numbers are trending to be on par with the previous campaigns that we've run.