★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

The Official RPG Reload Club Thread

12-05-2017, 07:24 PM
Joined: Nov 2014
Location: Eos
Posts: 3,271
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun Musgrave View Post
It is, straight-up, an RPG.
It is wow
Monster Hunter RPG sweet
I am very impressed with the graphics
They did a great job on this game
Loving it and yes very RPG ha
12-07-2017, 08:07 AM
Joined: Nov 2014
Location: Eos
Posts: 3,271
Square Enix announced they will bring a new mobile FINAL FANTASY 15 to Mainland China in 2019.

It seems this is not the Pocket Edition but a brand new game built from the ground up. [URL="pic.twitter.com/KP6mXNZ4h3"]

12-07-2017, 09:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dailon80 View Post
It is wow
Monster Hunter RPG sweet
I am very impressed with the graphics
They did a great job on this game
Loving it and yes very RPG ha
Yeah, it looks like Monster Hunter meets Pokťmon meets World of Final Fantasy. Iím about to open a Japanese iTunes account just to get this. I donít know if weíll see it in the West anytime soon (just like Dragon Quest VII). Iím sure they could release the English version, but I bet some license deal with Nintendo is holding it back. Hope I can fumble through the menus.

TeamShides
@curtneedsaride
MHFU - Shides
iPhone X Space Gray 256 GB
iPad Pro 9.7 128 GB
12-07-2017, 11:00 AM
Joined: Nov 2014
Location: Eos
Posts: 3,271
Quote:
Originally Posted by curtisrshideler View Post
Yeah, it looks like Monster Hunter meets Pokťmon meets World of Final Fantasy. Iím about to open a Japanese iTunes account just to get this. I donít know if weíll see it in the West anytime soon (just like Dragon Quest VII). Iím sure they could release the English version, but I bet some license deal with Nintendo is holding it back. Hope I can fumble through the menus.
If you have any issues with translations or menus
Take a screenshot of the menu screens and use google translate and that will help
You can screenshot anything and translate it on google translate
12-08-2017, 10:37 PM
Joined: Nov 2014
Location: Eos
Posts: 3,271
I’ve put in a few hours now on Monster Hunter Stories and I’m loving it
The game itself on the phone looks amazing
It’s an RPG and it’s MH together two things I enjoy
This is welll done for mobile
Controls are easy to get the feel of
Love the battles
I can see myself putting a lot of hours into this game
12-09-2017, 05:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dailon80 View Post
Iíve put in a few hours now on Monster Hunter Stories and Iím loving it
The game itself on the phone looks amazing
Itís an RPG and itís MH together two things I enjoy
This is welll done for mobile
Controls are easy to get the feel of
Love the battles
I can see myself putting a lot of hours into this game
I just started a bit of it, and Iím surprised that I can navigate it so well without understanding the language. Iíll have to watch a play through to get the dialogue though. Glad I started the show so I know the story though. Man, this game is amazing! I love Love love turn based battles as much as I love MH, so Iím right at home with this. Thanks for the offer to help if I need it. Iíve found some online translation of the menus already!

TeamShides
@curtneedsaride
MHFU - Shides
iPhone X Space Gray 256 GB
iPad Pro 9.7 128 GB
12-11-2017, 09:16 AM
Joined: Nov 2014
Location: Eos
Posts: 3,271
World of Final Fantasy: Meli Melo is now out in Japan on iOS!
I downloaded it but can't play it yet, it goes live 12-12 guessing that's 12-12 in Japan so maybe later today or in the morning i will get to play it and give my impressions

Last edited by Dailon80; 12-11-2017 at 09:22 AM.
12-11-2017, 10:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dailon80 View Post
World of Final Fantasy: Meli Melo is now out in Japan on iOS!
I downloaded it but can't play it yet, it goes live 12-12 guessing that's 12-12 in Japan so maybe later today or in the morning i will get to play it and give my impressions
Yeah, I just saw that post! I sure hope the mention of a subscription isnít necessary. I donít know if Iíd even be willing to pay monthly for a F2P game in English, let alone in Japanese. Iím sure if it goes well, though, weíll eventually see it brought over here and slightly Westernized.

TeamShides
@curtneedsaride
MHFU - Shides
iPhone X Space Gray 256 GB
iPad Pro 9.7 128 GB
12-11-2017, 10:26 AM
Joined: Nov 2014
Location: Eos
Posts: 3,271
Quote:
Originally Posted by curtisrshideler View Post
Yeah, I just saw that post! I sure hope the mention of a subscription isnít necessary. I donít know if Iíd even be willing to pay monthly for a F2P game in English, let alone in Japanese. Iím sure if it goes well, though, weíll eventually see it brought over here and slightly Westernized.
Two things immediately turn me off with this one
Subscription service (not sure yet if itís necesaary I will let you know after it goes live and I can play it)
And mostly auto battle from what I have read
From what I gather in battle your only real thing you can do is employ a special move everything else is auto
Honestly this sounds like a dud for me but I will give it a go anyways and find out since itís FF
From what I have read and from the description if this didnít have a coat of FF paint on it I wouldnít even download it at all
12-11-2017, 11:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dailon80 View Post
Two things immediately turn me off with this one
Subscription service (not sure yet if itís necesaary I will let you know after it goes live and I can play it)
And mostly auto battle from what I have read
From what I gather in battle your only real thing you can do is employ a special move everything else is auto
Honestly this sounds like a dud for me but I will give it a go anyways and find out since itís FF
From what I have read and from the description if this didnít have a coat of FF paint on it I wouldnít even download it at all
Yeah. I wish we could have had a port of the actual WoFF instead of yet another F2P (or even subscription-based) auto-battler. It's like taking something I love, then making it not fun, AND continuously charging me for it?!? At least we got Monster Hunter Stories and soon FFXVPE to enjoy.

TeamShides
@curtneedsaride
MHFU - Shides
iPhone X Space Gray 256 GB
iPad Pro 9.7 128 GB