Games that have made you RAGE QUIT!

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by CrisisInNeed, Jun 12, 2011.

1. SoulBlade

SoulBlade Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2011
    Umm... Well, normally when I start to get mad at a level, I keep going until I beat it. Then, if the game was free, I'll prolly delete it.
    The only exception was NOVA 2. I even read how to beat the last boss but there are three chambers for it to run to so It was all chance to throw the mines into the right one. And the multiplayer just sucked. it kept bugging up on me. Deleted. Never beat it. Luckily I got it on sale for a buck.

2. mindw0rk

mindw0rk Active Member

Dec 11, 2010
    Russia
    Nothing in AppStore. Actually the only game I ragequit is NL Holdem Poker at mid stakes

3. dumaz1000

dumaz1000 Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2010
    I rage quit Rage.

4. Shankopotamus

Shankopotamus Well-Known Member

Mar 28, 2011
    Back when Eliminate Pro was not so buggy and full of hackers, I cared way too much about skill and would get super angry when I would drop skill.

5. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    The weapons respawn every thirty seconds...you could have easily taken two minutes to throw five mines into each chamber while avoiding the bosses attack and then went all out on him when you finished that. It was the easiest boss fight in the game.

6. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Gears and Dark Nebula 2 have made me rage. :p I threw my iPod to the trampoline while playing Gears, thank god it was soft and bouncy :)

7. Der-Kleine

Der-Kleine Well-Known Member

The boss always spawns in the chamber behind the mines.

8. Empoleonxi

Empoleonxi New Member

Jan 6, 2013
    -
    -
    KIRBY NIGHTMARE IN DREAM LAND (jailbreak)

I was stuck at the final boss losing all the time my rage was building the final game over i throwed my ipod down and broke the screen!

9. juls363

juls363 Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2012
    Sf4 volt can make people rage pretty hard.

10. workingman

workingman Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2012
    Maintanence
    Ma
    The list is too long to type

11. Tommy141

Tommy141 Well-Known Member

Jul 26, 2012
    Most recently, Hundreds (both on the levels and the ciphers).

12. J2o

J2o Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2011
    The Wind-up Knight and Chocorun. THose are the kind of games that makes me want to ragequit lol.

13. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany

I'd already have RAGEQUIT her life! ;)

14. Riotgirl

Riotgirl Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2012
    UK
    The only time that I gave my iPad the Rihanna treatment was sitting next to my girlfriend, playing a couple of async games of Ascension Chronicle of the God Slayer [CoTG]. I had just started playing CoTG and was playing a 2P game against jnt325.

All of the cards he played and the Centre Row all conspired to torment me. When he managed to flip over and then buy a particularly good card, which I wanted, I screamed a string of expletives, thumped my iPad and hurled it across the coffee table in exasperation.

I then had to endure a conversation with my girlfriend on whether I would ever treat her the same way. Although it was tempting to ask her to refer to the Chris Brown police report, I informed her it was just a momentary thing and I was already irritable at that moment. Fortunately, she didn't mouth, "It's just a game", thus I have no pending manslaughter charges above my head.

The only other time in recent memory that I raged hard over a game was during a trans-Atlantic flight end of 2005 to NYC to see an (ex) friend. I was playing an on-board quiz with my fellow passengers and on the last round I narrowly won by 1 point over 'Emma'. I unbuckled my safety belt, stood up arms aloft, and was just about to bellow, "In your face, Emma! IN YOUR ******* FACE!", when I noticed the rather attractive woman sat next to me, recoiled away in horror.

No mile-high club =/

15. visionwebs

visionwebs Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    #55 visionwebs, Jan 8, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2013
    I'm tempted to rage quit from graalonline IOS, the only reason I haven't done so yet is the money I spent on IAP. At least it's a lesson well learned.

For my money I basically get jack all.

The customer support is crap, the maps are copied and pasted, they hire free labour over people who actually want to help and have the time to help, the only people that get hired are usually fired in days, the only people that get hired are usually people who fake being helpful then do nothing but dish out hypocritical judgements as admins, they have rude staff like no other game, the newest game is dying faster than any MMO I have ever seen and they just don't get th blindingly obvious reasons why it's dying and foolishly believe a free version will save it.

Also I had a serious case of harassement, I reported it to their support and they told me to contact some one called SNK... Now who SNK is I have no idea, is that even a full name or an acronym? I have no idea...
    this is a complete farce.

They don't even bother to help you recover lost accounts, say a name of some one you never heard of to ask for help but don't even bother how to contact them and that is the SUPPORT EMAIL...

As a paying customer I am absolutely disgusted with this.

So yeah, by god am I tempted to rage quit hard, and leave appropriate app store reviews to suit.

Actually, I wasn't going to go for a refund but after typing that out it really does look appealing. Think il collect some evidence tomorrow and take all my money back from apple, can't be having any of this at all.

The only reason I'm carefully considering a refund or not and not going for it right now, is because I had one only last month for IAP in another app where the customer support was bad, though considering it wasn't even as bad as the support this one has I don't think apple can refuse me.

I want to swear, but I'm not going to lower myself to the immaturity of the service I am receiving, the biggest effect I can make on them is filling my iTunes wallet back up.

I spent a lot, a lot, a lot of christmas money on this game and wow... I got OWNED HARDER than a rock falling off the top of the empire state building.

Do yourselves a favour and don't download graal for IOS, you will hate it eventually.

You don't want to know how much money I have given to this appaling company and its horrible customer support ....

edit: Applied for a refund on the lot. Most of it I am legally entitled to thank god, but I hope apple investigate and refund me for the little rest that i'm not... only a particularly unreasonable person would read the email I sent them and ignore the plainly obvious issues.

I should have seen the obvious with the fast rate Graal Zone is dying off at considering it was only just released.

If I get a refund it will be large enough for me to buy a round for all of us on this thread at least twice over. (Hypothetically speaking of course)

This game has made me dislike what I once saw as the virtues of IAP. The system is SO open to abuse by scrupolous companies.

16. Marathon f@@ing infinity, between overly sensitive controlls and a camera that re senters every time u move, and the colostriphobic corridors and ridiculious maze of level I deff rage quit several time, but I said I would beat the entire marathon series before halo4, and I did it, but the ending is just wtf WTFFFFFFFFFF!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wow what a great game and an amazing story, way better and more complex than halo, but that ending was so confusing, did I win? I had adrenalin pumping and was all like WWWWWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFFFFF for well over a week after word, and then I read all the theories of what had happened, and I think I just finished one of the greatest games ever...

17. Greyskull

Greyskull Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2009
    Photographer/Social Sciences adjunct/sweet sweet l
    Fort Lauderdale
    I've forgotten the name of the game, but you had one life. I mean it, literally one single life. When you died, it was game over forever, at least until you deleted and reinstalled it. I raged after been force...quitted ;).

18. leonard_dabinski

leonard_dabinski Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2013
    Wind up knight was one of my favourite games of 2011. A real precision platformer. Finished all levels with S and wo IAPs. Expect for the final knight mare. But anyway I switched devicessso never got to complete it.

19. leonard_dabinski

leonard_dabinski Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2013
    SNK Playmore?

20. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Heh...could be wrong, but I think it was called One Single Life. :p