Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 03-21-2014, 11:28 PM
iPad mini, iOS 6.x

I'm having some serious misgivings about the controls for this.
The pinch zoom is fine, but rotating the camera is a PITA.
There's only one quick slot for spells, but like 100 possible spell choices.
Getting to the spell menu to change spells requires too many clicks and makes changing spells super irritating.
Add 3 or 4 more spell slots, or give direct access to the spell menu from the main screen, please.
When playing with two characters, it seems like the secondary character always defaults to melee combat. Having the sorcerer charge into battle with sceptre in hand is rediculous.
The archer will default to bow in secondary and shoots quickly and never misses. In primary, the archer simply doesn't hit anything and needs constant targeting with each shot.
The map overlay is horrible and obtrusive. Fade it so that players can actually see where they are going, please.
Also, add level transitions to the overlay map. It's not a map if it doesn't tell you where you're going.

This game looked so good, and for a few minutes, was fun. But too many irritating GUI problems spoiled it for me.
Sorry.
Old 03-22-2014, 08:17 AM
iPad 2, iOS 6.x

The patch just came out and fixed the confusing and buggy death screen menu(s), the touch controls are much better too, using two fingers to rotate the map works like it should, I think load times are improved.

On the flip side, the game doesn't work at all!! Everytime I load my game it takes about 3-4 seconds before it crashes, it did that 6 times in a row, the game is broken and unplayable, it just won't work. Maybe other saves work, I have yet to try, the game now sends you back to town if you don't resurrect but without your equipment and that's when the game crashed when I tried to load my previous save before dying.

Anyone else having problems?!

Last edited by MrSpud; 03-22-2014 at 08:18 AM.. Reason: Shpellin
Old 03-22-2014, 08:21 AM

Just downloaded, this and Cardinals Quest 2 (:
Old 03-25-2014, 07:58 AM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Does anyone know how to use the resurrection scrolls? My companion died, so i had to farm 10k gold which wasn't that hard by selling stuff. Now i have those scrolls in the store chest thing but how do i use them or transfer them to my inventory? Or simply, how do i resurrect my 2nd character?

Last edited by Edmilan; 03-25-2014 at 08:09 AM..
Old 03-26-2014, 09:35 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

Anyone?
Old 03-26-2014, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorlen View Post
Played another hour or two and I'll definitely be buying the $5 IAP. The port seems really well done.

Just a note, when you CONTINUE from the main menu, it doesn't load your latest save, so be sure to go back to the LOAD menu and load up your proper game. Took me a while to figure that out.

I'm 5 levels deep in the first dungeon I've encountered, and was wondering... Is there no way to get to town? Did any of you play the PC version of the game? I haven't come across a town portal spell or book yet.
You want the Magic Door spell/scroll.

But where's my Lycanthropy? My wizard can't turn into a werewolf!