Universal Horn (by Phosphor Games Studio)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by metalcasket, Aug 16, 2012.

1. Candykiller

Candykiller Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    #401 Candykiller, Aug 18, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2012
    Yes, that's when it happens. It just jumps to the character without his sword equipped as you see in the screenshot, and freezes from there.

2. Candykiller

Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    Sanuku, have you played beyond this part of the game? It's Sudenne mission 5 - The Lighthouse: Under the Beacon

3. JagerBombS

JagerBombS Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    I just lost over 80,000 pyrite in the Seddene arena.....brutal. The challenges stack and I was making so much I got greedy. I was making around 5000 a battle, but enemies could only be hurt in the weak spot, had more health, and I could only dodge right, and couldn't use potions or bombs. I got a little sloppy and died. It makes for a fun challenge and proves you can easily acquire everything, even the expensive skins, with a little effort. I've already bought the Assassin outfit off of one challenge run.

4. JagerBombS

JagerBombS Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    I just past that part with no problems. I feel bad for ya bud. That sucks.

5. Candykiller

Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    Ha, I know, you can earn a lot of pyrite in the Sedenne arena. You have to know when to bail out though, or you lose the lot. I've also been greedy a few times and lost out!

6. FPE

FPE Well-Known Member

Sep 25, 2010
    World, now Belgium
    Tired t find the answer in such a long thread. So I ask
    How does it look on iPad 2?

7. Candykiller

Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    Yeah, it's annoying - I was really enjoying the game but I can't progress with the story from here. :( It sound like someone else is having the same issue a few pages back.

8. Adamo

Adamo Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2011
    Unfortunately this is a bug some people are getting. The fix is already in and just waiting in apple's hands. Sorry that you had to experience that. :(

9. Candykiller

Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    That's good to hear. I'll just have to play in the arena area for a bit and build up my weapons and gear.

10. Adamo

Adamo Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2011
    We are looking into checkpoints for future patches to see what we could do to make them more friendly.

We hope to put out some more content and are kicking around some ideas we had as well as using all the great feedback we got already from the community.

I think we are going to look at how this one did and evaluate it a little later on in regards to a sequel :)

No clue right now about making a similar game. I think right now we are focused on supporting our fans with Horn and trying to make their experience as fun as possible! :)

Thanks so much for the kind words! Our fans mean everything to us!

11. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Why cant no one answer??!?! :( Does this run well on iPod?!?!?!? :(

12. Adamo

Adamo Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2011
    Unfortunately 3GS is just too old for our game to support it well :(

13. fulcizombie

fulcizombie Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2011
    Glorious . Imagine graphics close to the infinity blade games in an action/adventure with free movement . There's nothing like it in the IOS store , IMO .

14. Adamo

Adamo Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2011

Sorry I answered a few pages back but it must have gotten burried. Officially we do not support the iPod. We have a patch in apple's hands that will improve the performance on iPod 4 but we will still not officially support it. We want people to get the best experience possible with our game and while it will run (we have done quite a bit of work to even get it that far) we don't want to give people the false expectation that it will look as good as the iPad 2/3 and iPhone 4s versions.

Hope this helps.

15. S.I.D. CrAzY

S.I.D. CrAzY Well-Known Member

May 16, 2009
    Well according to the app description:pLEASE NOTE: iPad (1st Generation), iPhone 3GS, iPod touch devices NOT SUPPPORTED.

That's usually not a good sign, haven't tried it myself though, sorry. I remember one person having mentioned it wouldn't run on his iPod 4th gen though.

16. Adamo

Adamo Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2011

So I called one of our designers to see if there is a work around and he says there is but it is not ideal. So, those devices give you an arrow and you have to slash in the right direction. If you do the following you should get it.

If you do this combo on slashing, you should be able to get past it- we believe the version you have fails if you don’t do it exactly right:

Right
    Left
    Right
    Down
    Down

17. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    Any word about those tegra 3 effects?

18. LOLavi

LOLavi Well-Known Member

May 23, 2011
    iPhone gamer
    Finland
    Ok well I have 2$ left anyway so I'll wait, thanks :)

19. Adamo

Adamo Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2011
    Sorry, I saw the reply a few pages back and was just about to get to it. You're right that other fantastic games on the market and soon to be on the market have done some outstanding things however, we are already pushing the device really hard as it is on our end and so extra additions (like cloth) would bog down the game.

Don't forget though, we were ios devs first (which is why android version still isn't out), we all own and play tons and tons of ios games. We would never give the platform a sub par version or one that we weren't completely happy with.

20. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    I knew the day would come when RAM would be a serious issue with itouch gaming...just didn't realize it was this close.