Forum Loading Issues

Discussion in 'Site Feedback and News' started by MidianGTX, Apr 20, 2013.

1. MidianGTX

MidianGTX Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    I've noticed a slow increase in people commenting on the forum being slow and/or unresponsive, and now it's happening to me too. I'm not sure if it's a random occurrence or part of a bigger problem that's gradually getting worse.

It came out of nowhere this morning. Pages were taking 1-3 minutes to load and sometimes just loading indefinitely. What's interesting is that the forums work absolutely fine when using the TA app, but not a desktop browser or either of my iPad browsers.

Other sites are working as intended and my internet connection is as strong as it's ever been. I've tried clearing cookies and so on, but the problem persists over multiple browsers anyway. I've also checked my router/firewall for any unusual restrictions and couldn't find any.

I took a couple of screenshots in case they're helpful, both are on Windows 7 64-bit.

With Firefox 20.0.1:

[​IMG]

With Chrome 26.0.1410.64:

[​IMG]

2. Yeah, I mentioned it before too in another post, but in the last 3 days, getting that funky problems with no icons, not being able to attach files, slow bandwidth, and other issues, maybe needs to be checked on.

3. iPadisGreat

iPadisGreat Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    I can confirm the same too, roughly 7-8h ago. Seems to be more or less back to normal now.

Does the same issue affect Android users or is it restricted to iDevice and Windows browsers only?

4. arn

arn Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 19, 2008
  5. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    The forum is behaving for me again today. It was acting strangely for a long time yesterday though, well over 12 hours, probably closer to 20.

6. Bytebrain

Bytebrain Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2010
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    I had the same issues most of yesterday.
    Things seems back to normal today though.

7. I'm starting to get this problem now.

[​IMG]

I've had this for (so far) under 10 hours. This is occuring on Safari and Mercury on my iPad. I can still perfectly well access other sites, and the app is still working great, it's just the forums that are messing up. Another problem with the CDN or is it just me?

8. qklilx

qklilx Active Member

Nov 24, 2012
    Entertainer/Teacher
    I'm having extreme load times as well. Started yesterday or the day before. All the forum pages take up to a minute to load and they don't ever fully load. Running Chrome on my laptop.

9. MidianGTX

Jun 16, 2009
    It's happening again. The app is fine, but I've been unable to load a page for the last 6 hours or so from my PC.

10. Seems to happen every once in a while, though usually when you say something I have problems, but for me everything is fine now, knock on wood.

11. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    Yeah, I've had this problem for the last half a day or so. The app's fine, but it's unbearable on my laptop. The huge issue for me? I can't moderate.

12. That is not good, especially for a moderator hehe. :)

13. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    I'd just like to chime in about this. Loading TA up on my phone browser (android, so no app) is a complete pain in the ass. Slow as molasses, even on 4G.

14. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    I've noticed occasional slow downs on the Touch Arcade site within the past week. Sometimes a page wouldn't load all the way, other times the post edit button wouldn't appear. It's still fairly rare so not a "big deal" but a curiosity.

Wait... if MetalCasket can't moderate that means I can run wild, at last!

15. metalcasket

metalcasket Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

May 24, 2010
    Deepest Circle, Hel
    ...no. :p

16. Yes, undeadcow, I guess that means you can party with the wild naked animals.

17. JBRUU

JBRUU Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    USA
    No, that's when Killercow can't moderate :p