Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Upcoming iPhone and iPad Games

Old 12-11-2014, 03:35 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

So any chance on Santa coming next thursday?

P
Old 12-16-2014, 05:17 AM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Hi Pedroapan!

I'm sorry to disappoint you but Santa is still busy and won't be able to bring you your gift on Thursday

But here's an update on what happened recently and the plan going forward:

Tutorial
As we're getting closer to releasing the game (we definitely are, believe me on this ), we reworked the tutorial for something more polished and more complete than what we had initially implemented for festivals and contests submissions.
We've taken the usual step-by-step approach, with both interactive and passive explanations. There are still a few quirks here and there but it's already a huge improvement! Let us know what you guys think from this gif:

Replays
We've also made huge progress on the game replays in the past weeks. But why don't you see the progress by yourselves? Here's a game I played (and lost…) against the AI (Hard) yesterday
It plays one move every time you tap on it.
As you can see, it looks a lot better now! The most important parts are done and we are no longer working on this at the moment. The plan is to get back to this feature when Kingdoms will be submitted to the App Store. As it lives on the web, we'll be able to update it easily at a time where we can't do much for the app itself other than waiting!
Let us know if you have any ideas or feedback on this feature!

App Store
As you may have seen on Twitter, we've been having quite a hard time creating the App Store account for the company. But a very helpful manager from Apple reached out to us yesterday and helped us getting through this. Phew!
There's still a tiny issue with our bank but that is being fixed right now and we should be able to enroll as an iOS developer by the end of this week!

Going forward
With the upcoming App Store holiday shutdown and the fact that we still need to implement Game Center and smash a few bugs, the game is definitely not going to release before the new year.
We appreciate your support and patience while we go through all the joy and pain of creating a proper business at the same time as we're finishing the game itself.
Rest assured that we are working hard to ship a great version of Kingdoms as soon as possible. Stay tuned!

Bonus
We've been inspired by Pantone's new color of the year 2015 for a brand new theme. We hope you like it!

Last edited by paul-spacebears; 12-16-2014 at 05:47 AM..
Old 12-16-2014, 05:39 AM
iPhone 6, iOS 8.x

I already figured out about the next year thing from your twitter...

Seeing how cool is now the tutorial and an actual game (very cool web feature) doesn't diminish the pain tough....on the contrary....

CAN'T WAIT!!!!

I can already see this game being a staple in my daily async schedule.
Also, I can already see how much I will suck at the game.
Old 12-17-2014, 04:38 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Absolutely stunning! Looks like you aim to have all bases covered. I don't mind waiting (well, actually I do), when the game looks like it's going to be a winner. Hopefully this will be a big hit amongst the casual player base as well!

Happy holidays, see you on the other side! Looking forward to try to beat you all when the game releases!

/Pedroapan
Old 12-18-2014, 02:11 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Thanks for the kind words guys, your support means a lot!

We could not let you go without a little gif(t) so here it is!

Happy holidays!