Inviting testers for Closed Beta: Ekon the Cyborg

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by TheWickedDog, Nov 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheWickedDog

TheWickedDog Member

Nov 23, 2013
    #1 TheWickedDog, Nov 23, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2013
    [​IMG]

Hi everyone! I'm Jeff, from Wicked Dog Games :) We're a mobile games developer from the sunny island of Singapore, and we're currently working on our first game. We've recently started our Closed Beta, and I would like to invite all interested gamers here to sign up for this event:

Wicked Dog Games proudly presents… Ekon the Cyborg -- an original dual-stick shooter for iOS devices*!

Play as Ekon – cybernetic hero and Defender of Neutron City. Defeat hordes of invading Octoids using the vast array of powerful weapons at your disposal, collect loot, and level up to upgrade your skills. Will Neutron City survive the onslaught of Octoids? Join the fight -- and find out!

Key features:
    - Frenetic, action-packed twin-stick shooter
    - Gorgeous 3D arenas
    - 2 gameplay modes: Campaign and Survival
    - Wide variety of upgradable Primary and Secondary weapons
    - Tons of unique enemy types
    - Awesome boss fights!
    - Immortalize your exploits on the game’s leaderboards!
    * Supported devices: iPhone, iPad, iPod touch (4th gen and above)

In order to try out the game, just click on the following Testflight link to register: http://tflig.ht/Ty0M4D

Thanks for your time and attention everyone, and I look forward to hearing your feedback and comments!

2. TheWickedDog

TheWickedDog Member

Nov 23, 2013
    #2 TheWickedDog, Nov 23, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2013
    Just to add on, please note you'll need a Testflight account to join in as a Beta tester. If you do not have a Testflight account, please register for one first (you do not need to toggle on the 'Developer' option during registration)

If you encounter any difficulties with the Testflight installation, just post your queries here and we'll do our best to help you :)

Visit our site at http://www.wickeddoggames.com
    Follow us on Twitter at http://twitter.com/wickeddoggames or like us on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/wickeddoggames

3. Cpettysan

Cpettysan Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Jeff, great game! I just downloaded the development build beta version of the game and have played around with it a little bit. So far, the game seems to be just as good as other shooters like this on the App Store. The controls are really responsive and I haven't run across any problems with the game itself. The story is okay but does give the player what they need to know to enjoy the game. Good game overall!

I would like to see more variations of enemies and weapons, and character/weapon customization features. Also, some better assortments of levels/locations instead of one or two constant maps. Other than that, pretty good as a beta build. I can't wait to see what you do next for Ekon the Cyborg! Good luck and thanks for the beta info!

4. TheWickedDog

TheWickedDog Member

Nov 23, 2013
    Hi Cpettysan,
    Thank you for trying out our game and giving us such positive feedbacks! :) We will definitely look into your suggestions.

5. _Max_

_Max_ Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2012
    Apply sent hope can play it

6. TheWickedDog

TheWickedDog Member

Nov 23, 2013
    Hi Max

Thanks for registering! Your application has been approved, we'll be sending you the build shortly :)

7. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    What is the meaning of this? I applied, thanks in advance to the developers for any consideration.

8. cryformercy

cryformercy Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2013
    ad
    #8 cryformercy, Nov 24, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2013
    I watched the game trailer, it's quite interesting, and the game music is also nice. Great work! Pity that nearly kill the boss
    at last.

9. jhbaugh

jhbaugh Member

Oct 24, 2013
    Applied! Looking forward to testing!

10. imosmo

imosmo Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2011
    looks like a good game. Applied.

11. TheWickedDog

TheWickedDog Member

Nov 23, 2013
    Glad to have you guys joining in for the Beta :)

We're getting the builds ready for you now, thanks for participating!

12. HansKaosu

HansKaosu Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2013
    Looks cool apply sent :)

13. imosmo

imosmo Well-Known Member

Aug 18, 2011
    after playing the game for a while, just think it would be more fair to shorten the reloading time of bullets, when player mannually reload the clip, as it still has some bullet left, isn't it?

14. TheWickedDog

TheWickedDog Member

Nov 23, 2013
    Hi imosmo, yes you got a good point :) Reloading time should be shorter if the clip is already partially full... We'll definitely take this under consideration, thanks for the suggestion!