PS4 MMORPG Reccomendations

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by Lickzy, Jul 27, 2017.

1. Lickzy

Lickzy Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 28, 2013
    Director of Sales
    Winnipeg, MB, Canada
    Hey Folks,

Wanted to pick the brains of my favourite gaming community. I'm looking for an mmo RPG to play on PS4. I miss playing RPGs online like back in my WOW days so I was hoping for some suggestions.

I've heard of FF 14, Elder Scrolls Morrowind and Never Winter. Can anybody weigh in on any of them?

Appreciated

2. ScotDamn

ScotDamn Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    #2 ScotDamn, Jul 29, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2017
    I've played all of those games on ps4 and enjoyed each one for what they brought to the table. It really depends on what you like or are looking for though. For instance Neverwinter is compelled free to play where Elderscrolls requires you to buy the game in order to play. FF14 require a purchase PLUS a monthly subscription so it's both the most expensive and most polished mmo out of all of them. I enjoyed FF the most for that reason and also because it felt like the most complete mmo and also the most familiar. That said I also put a lot of time into ESO but felt it lacked what made the original games feel special.

Even though you didn't list it, Elite Dangerous is also a mmo on ps4. While its wildly different from your listed games it's also the one I've become the most addicted! However my recommendation is only for people who are really into scifi and the Milky Way Galaxy, being a space sim in our very own Milky Way at a 1 to 1 scale btw.

3. Lickzy

Lickzy Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 28, 2013
    Director of Sales
    Winnipeg, MB, Canada
    Went with ffxiv. Thanks for your input. Wish there was an mmo that had PVP like WoW

4. Leegames

Leegames Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2010
    Ex. game journalist and EiC now PR
    Denmark
    I found Neverwinter to have some good PvP arenas and that WoW feeling with style etc. but lacking pay-to-win balance.

Elder Scrolls Online's PvP area is basically Alterac Valley times 50. I basically lived in there for several months. Awesome PvP area.
    I would really recommend checking that game out, it also gave me that sense of exploration in PvE that I had missed since WoW.

FFXIV I found a mess with UI, but each to his own taste. A lot of people seem to love this one. :)

Hope this helps a bit.

5. Mariko

Mariko Well-Known Member

May 19, 2016
    I would add Marvel Heroes, DC Universe And Syforge.

6. ScotDamn

Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    Yeah Marvel Heroes is a good one, totally forgot about that!

7. ScotDamn

Patreon Silver

Jul 8, 2013
    Wireless Sales
    Happy Daddy
    Nice! They just released a huge expansion too which is getting a lot of love from players and reviews.

8. Mariko

Mariko Well-Known Member

May 19, 2016
    There really is a great selection of MMORPGs for the PS4. One of the best things I can really suggest, since most all of them are F2P, is to just DL them, give them a try, and then just keep the ones that you enjoy. Since there is such a wide range of types, that's going to be tour best bet, for finding what suits your tastes best.

9. Darkfyra

Darkfyra Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2017
    The issue is that I don't want any pay2win and I don't know if any of them aren't,also have no way to pay a subscription either for FFXIV or PS Plus so they're out.Only tried Neverwinter and Skyforge who both have issues already on PC.

10. maestro_kian

maestro_kian Member

Aug 23, 2017
    I'm surprised that no one listed Destiny here. Community is still going strong but I'll recommend that you get the complete edition to have access to all the DLC features. Btw, Destiny 2 is gonna be released in two months time

11. Mariko

Mariko Well-Known Member

May 19, 2016
    I didn't, primarily because I've always considered it as a 'shooter with MMORPG elements'. Because first and foremost it's designed to be a shooter.