Which Turn-based RPG?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by matt1413, Dec 21, 2010.

?

Which turn-based RPG?

1. Chaos rings

12 vote(s)
    57.1%
  2. Eternal Legacy

4 vote(s)
    19.0%
  3. Final Fantasy 1

4 vote(s)
    19.0%
  4. Final Fantasy 2

1 vote(s)
    4.8%
  1. matt1413

matt1413 Member

Jan 3, 2010
    I can't decided whether to get chaos rings, a final fantasy or eternal legacy as the sales have meant they are all about the same price. I currently have aralon and crimson gem and I want another turn-based game so please vote in the poll and leave a comment if you want. I will make my decision based on the poll results :) Thanks!

2. Paradiso

Paradiso Well-Known Member

Final fantasy 1 got my vote. Maybe just cause I grew up on FF. But I could never get into chaos rings, which is sad because of how much I paid for it. Ive never bought a gameloft game besides MC2, which was surprisingly good. Eternal Legacy is another cookie cutter GL game in my eyes.

3. Balu`

Balu` Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    Hungary
    CR out of these. Also, RIMELANDS! Can't forget that one.

4. rap8rap

rap8rap Member

Dec 21, 2010
    Since your playing on iOS, I would suggest buying Chaos Rings.. FF1 and FF2 can be found anywhere (your PC, PSP, DS???, your mom's closet, etc...).. Some people said EL sucks..

So your best bet should be Chaos Rings.. I've played it and it's worth your time and money..

5. matt1413

matt1413 Member

Jan 3, 2010
    There are three joint winners at the moment which is unhelpful :p thanks for the advice so far though. I think that the battles look really impressive in chaos rings but I think I would prefer the rest of the game world being in 2d like final fantasy...

6. Booch138

Booch138 Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    Out of all of them, Chaos Rings, especially for it's current awesome price (really shocked Square budged on that). But non of the others are bad at all cept FF II. I hate that game. Huge FF fan, but of all of them 2 was my least favourite. EL is a great game, theres another thread on here debating on why it's garbage but I think otherwise. *shrugs* I had fun with it. Just more fun with Chaos Rings.

7. Somerandomdude

Somerandomdude Well-Known Member

May 31, 2009
    Doing nothing of importance.
    Somewhere
    You forgot Crimson Gem Saga. CGS is without a doubt my number 1 pick for any Turn Based RPG on the App Store.

I guess if I have to go with any of the ones up there, I'd go with either Final Fantasy I or Chaos Rings. Both are amazing games, although you may want to go for Chaos Rings while it's actually less than $10.

8. backtothis

backtothis im in ur base killin ur d00dz
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 13, 2009
    college student (junior)
    Houston/Austin, TX
    Eternal Legacy
    Crimson Gem Saga
    Rimelands
    Ash
    Chaos Rings

top 5 for me, etc.

9. tsharpfilm

tsharpfilm Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2009
    Digital Artist
    USA
    Chaos Rings and Crimson Gem Saga are the best turn based RPGs in the App Store.

10. Jack111

Jack111 Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2009
    Holland
    Of those you listed i like Eternal Legacy the most ofcours non of those are even half as good as Phantasy Star 2

11. Booch138

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    Phantasy Star 2 is possible one of my favourite RPG's of all time, unfortunately it is nearly unplayable on iOS due to it's positively HORRIBLE controls. The port crap and lack of decent touch controls ruins that f*cking game for me. Oh well, at least I loved it and beat it on Sega Genesis and GBA.

12. Jack111

Jack111 Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2009
    Holland
    Realy i thought the controls were ok nothing special but from all the emulated Sega games this one worked the best

13. Booch138

Apr 28, 2009
    Data-Entry Operator
    Coolidge, AZ
    It worked the best of all the ported sega games, for sure. But it still doesn't mean they didn't suck.

I dunno I couldn't play it at all. If I had more patience maybe but meh. I wasn't in a big hurry to play it anyways, got it on sale for $.99 for nostalgia more than anything. Like I said, I just didn't get real far due to the frustrating controls.

14. Isilel

Isilel Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2009
    Personally, of all JRPG-like games that I have played so far (not any of Squeenix though), I enjoyed Shining Force the most. Yes, presentation is old and controls are awkward, but the game is still great.
    I have Phantasy Star 2 on my backlog, too.

But I am probably much more tolerant towards retro games and critical towards combat gameplay than the majority.

15. TapMad_D

TapMad_D Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2010
    gaming
    HongKong
    FF2's level-up system has bug...you could confirm attack but cancel it before confirming your target and do it again and again... then, you can gain great level-up in a single battle if you don't feel it boring.