Best Mahjong Game ?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by JoshC., Aug 8, 2009.

1. JoshC.

JoshC. Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2009
    There are a ton of Mahjong games in the appstore.
    I'm looking for one for my mom.
    She wants one like a classic she played on the computer a few years ago. Just randomly generated boards with distinct pieces that are easy to recognize and arent to small.
    An easy interface would be nice as well.
    Thanks for the help.

2. mebeswordguy

mebeswordguy Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2009
    I think Moonlight mahjong is the best.

3. JoshC.

JoshC. Well-Known Member

Mar 7, 2009
    It looks good, but it says only 50 board layouts. Can you explain that? Does it randomly generate patterns for each layout, so they are limitless?

4. Allaria

Allaria Member

Feb 16, 2009
    #4 Allaria, Aug 8, 2009
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2009
    As far as I can tell, the game generates different tile configurations each time you play it. The board layout reference is to the various shapes of the board at the start of the game. Like you could choose the one where the shape of the board is a pyramid or an hourglass or a hat. But the different tiles are scattered randomly within the board each time time you play a specific layout.

Edited to add: I forgot to mention that I like how you can zoom in and zoom out to better see the tiles and the overall board. I also like how you can rotate the board for a better view. You can also play it in landscape or portrait mode. It has multiple features where you can play a timed game or play against the computer too.

5. Future777

Future777 FDG Entertainment<br />Co-Founder
    Patreon Studio

We are going to release an awesome Mahjong game in a few weeks. 100+ layouts, perfect visibility of tiles, extra features (undo/shuffle tiles etc.). We will make an announcement with more infos and screens soon.

cheers
    Future777

6. mebeswordguy

mebeswordguy Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2009
    Allaria is right, but if you want more shapes of the board, you can download them from the level choosing screen. And if you want to get more technical there is a level editor in the options screen. So you can either be advanced and do many things like make levels, or just relax and play. (I'm JPMahjong, I made somelevels put on the blog. to download levels load that page in safari and click the link.) The controls are intuitive, and there is autosave. If you dont want to be technical you can click either startover, new shuffle or random layout. Also the above dev is a good developer, so you can expect something good out of him too.

7. PhagoCychotic

PhagoCychotic Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    I would +1 to Moonlight Mahjong as well! I also own Mahjongg Artifacts 2, but havent' played it yet, though Big Albie gave it a good rating.

If FDG Entertainment is producing their own version, I believe it will be a definite winner and insta-buy in my book. I love FDG!

8. Future777

Future777 FDG Entertainment<br />Co-Founder
    Patreon Studio

Wow, thanks PhagoCychotic!