Towers of War new impressive td

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by cookiemonster, Jun 26, 2009.

1. cookiemonster

cookiemonster Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2008
    #1 cookiemonster, Jun 26, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 4, 2009
    Saw this on the home page and thought it looked pretty impressive. if its as elaborate as theyre making it out to be, Towers of War might be a pretty solid pick up. I know there are a lot of tds in the app store already but there is always room for another good game regardless of its genre. what does everybody else think? is there room for more quality games in the app store?

[hqyoutube]-c4g2oWZhwI[/hqyoutube]​

2. Slapshot

Slapshot Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2009
    I know, this one looks very good. :) I'm definitely picking this one up when it comes out. :D There's so much polish in it and sadly, I'm a sucker for that! :rolleyes:

3. cookiemonster

Dec 23, 2008
    i agree, but dont be so har on yourself. polish usually equals quality :D

4. Slapshot

Slapshot Well-Known Member

Jun 12, 2009
    Exactly. :)

5. eggzbacon

eggzbacon Well-Known Member

May 17, 2009
    The Golden State
  6. Chapperz :D

Chapperz :D Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2009
    England
    might pick this one up...

7. Devilishly Good

Devilishly Good Well-Known Member

May 1, 2009
    The Underworld
    yup, there will always be room on my phone for another good TD, and this looks like it will be good

...lol, now we just need lords of war 2

8. astrosaurus

astrosaurus Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2009
    Designer/Blogger
    Portland, OR
    I really love TD games but it's a bit hard for me to get extremely excited over any new one that comes out. It looks great but I'll have to wait for some reviews to come in before I give it a go. Hope it's good though! :D

9. cookiemonster

Dec 23, 2008
    thanks for posting that video eggzbacon...it looks like its going to be epic

10. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    At least we don't have to worry about TD shortages for a couple millennial.

11. cookiemonster

Dec 23, 2008
    true dat...i dont really see why people are complaining about the lack of quality td games. you dont see people getting all hufflepuff over the new halo games because there are already so many first person shooters on the xbox. if its worth it, whats the problem..?

12. Valmont

Valmont Active Member

Oct 24, 2008
    Yeah this game looks pretty good to me too. I'm not a huge fan of TD games but I do enjoy them and already got a couple on my phone and when I first heard of another TD, I was like, nah I already got one, but after seeing that vid, I kinda changed my mind. I guess I'm a sucker for the cut scenes cause as I watched that it totally reminded me of the good old days of playing Warcraft 2 (especially due to the sound of the narrator's voice). The tower upgrade system sounds pretty cool too hopefully allowing for a lot of different options. Me likey options :)

13. dannyatschool

dannyatschool Member

Oct 26, 2008
    It looks like Warcraft II TD for the iPhone

I think it looks pretty sweet and I love the story aspect of it. I hate games that make you do all this work with no reason for it. Any word on how much it will cost? For everybody who is like I hate Tower Defense games seriously just don't buy/play/read about tower defense games. You don't see me crying about how I don't like fishing games. I just don't pay any attention to them and live happily ever after.

-DP

14. X-Frame

X-Frame Well-Known Member

Jun 29, 2009
    I'm a sucker for TD games as of late. I hope this game comes out soon.

15. Mr. Obvious

Mr. Obvious Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2009
    IT
    Looks like a buy to me!

16. cookiemonster

Dec 23, 2008
    oh man, OH MAN! warcraft 2! you are soooo right!

17. cookiemonster

Dec 23, 2008
    for some reason im really excited about this game... i think its the whole story thing thats gotten a hold of me. i wish the video showed more gameplay instead of just the cut scenes (assuming that what they are)!

18. deckard

deckard Well-Known Member

Mar 25, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    Gorgeous animations, that flapping wings thingy was riveting. I'm a lush for beautiful animations (Field Runners, Sentinel, Dungeon Defense). One to watch for sure.

19. Valmont

Valmont Active Member

Oct 24, 2008
    So after playing some of old TD games this weekend, I noticed most only have a few towers, like around 6. I never really thought that much about it, that isn't all that much of a variety. I mean, yeah it works great, but I usually end up just kind of doing the same set up each time I play cause it works the best and not very many other options. But, supposedly in this new one there are going to be 12 different tower types. With so many more towers, I really hope that adds a lot more depth to the game and allows for even more viable strats to try out.

20. NBM05

NBM05 Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2009
    I agree with you completely. I have absolutely no problem with games coming out that other people enjoy. Like you said, if I don't like them, I just don't buy them. I've tried a couple match three games and I just don't get anything out of them, but if other people want more of them, then it's great developers keep making new ones. Same with racing games. I just don't have fun with them (although I may have to give RealRacing a try based on teh reviews,) but other people like them, so if developers keep making them, great. Doesn't hurt me any.

Personally I love TD games. I never tried one before getting my iphone, now I have like fourteen of them on my first page of games. I've bought probably about twenty of them, and have enjoyed at least some aspects of each, and there are about ten or so that I love.

I get excited every time I hear about a new TD -- especially since they really seem to be evolving quickly. I love the idea of storylines and cutscenes, and this game looks like it does the story very well. I also like the sound of the upgrade system -- from the example it sounds like you can upgrade each tower in multiple ways, and that should keep things entertaining.

Definitely looking forward to this.