About the feature for IOS Paid market

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by Raysol Games, Jul 4, 2016.

1. Raysol Games

Raysol Games Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2016
    Hello every one,

I am Peter from Taiwan, also an indie developer.

I have a game called DungeonBalls, and it is featured in EU for about 29 countries.

include UK, France, Germany, and...

Lets guess how many download did they provide to this game in first 4 days.

1. 1000+
    2. 200+
    3. 50+
    4. 5+
    5. less than 5

The answer is >5. less than 5 <

Hope you guys won't be too surprised with this answer.

And good luck for both of us.

2. PikPok

PikPok Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2009
    Wellington
    For anyone else looking, the game is actually "Dungeon x Balls", which had me confused for a while as there is another game from 2012 called "Dungeon Balls".

Let's see, Europe centric featuring but not localized into any Euro language apart from English, no US or anywhere else major, icon strip feature only/no banner, far right placement in the feature category, Anime art style, Asian language in the UI of 2 of your English (and presumably other) screenshots, niche genre, download over 100MB, 1 x review across all of UK/FR/DE, and a paid app at US$3...

I'll go with "3. 50+" but I wouldn't be surprised if it was less.

Looks like a solid game BTW.

3. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    For whatever it's worth, you just made a sale :).

4. Raysol Games

Raysol Games Well-Known Member

Jul 1, 2016

ya, proud of it,

most TW company sale 0 in these country lol

5. Columbo

Columbo Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2014
    That sucks. In the UK your title isn't accessible in the "New Games We Love" list by swiping across, there's only 16 titles there. You actually have to tap the 'see all' button before you get to see the next group of 15 titles.

To be honest, until now, I didn't realise that there were titles that you can only view by pressing 'see all', I'd assumed that it was just a list view of the same titles. After all, why doesn't swiping across just load more titles until it runs out of titles to load, seems like bad UI to me.

I think the results would have been dramatically different if you'd make the front page, maybe you'll get lucky and be given a stronger position on Thursday.

6. Blackharon

Blackharon Well-Known Member

Mar 15, 2010
    Game Designer for Ludia
    Canada
    As a player, the 5th screenshot scares me. There's a button on the image that isn't localized to English and I would hesitate to download based on the concern that that raises "I wonder how much of the game wasn't translated".