Someone help me before I freak and bash my ipod touch's screen into a million pieces

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by sf49lu, Nov 28, 2009.

1. sf49lu

sf49lu Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    Sylvania, OH
    Ok so i have iTunes 9 and the album art for everything is perfect on iTunes. Today, when I synced my ipod, i found that some random episodes of my tv seasons, such as "how i met your mother", were missing their original artwork and it has been replaced by pictures of my genius mixes, with the square with 4 smaller squares of different album artwork on it. THIS IS ONLY HAPPENING ON MY IPOD AND NOT ON ITUNES. I want to know how the **** this is happening before i throw my computer against a wall and destroy my ipod. I have tried to resync all my tv episodes, and I have tried everything else i can think of. BTW, if i try to delete everything and then resync it, different episodes/seasons get their artwork changed to the stupid genius playlist pictures and I am losing it. Im losing it. Don't know where else to go. Im losing it. losing it

2. SuperSlovak

SuperSlovak Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2009
    i think you can disable genius im not sure though that might work

3. sf49lu

sf49lu Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    Sylvania, OH
    Thanks for your input. I already disabled the genius and everything but still, the movie/tv show artwork still screws up and shows the genius playlist artwork. Interesting thing is none of my music artwork is screwed up. Man o man. This is gunna get ugly.

4. Myrobotwillneverdie

Myrobotwillneverdie Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2009
    SEPDX
    If you still know what you are watching, what's the big deal?

5. sf49lu

sf49lu Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    Sylvania, OH
    idk it is just a trigger for me i guess. I have OCD maybe? idk it just bothers me a lot to see some episodes having the right album artwork and some having some random arse genius playlist picture.

6. Kamazar

Kamazar Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    A couple of my apps are like that. They have the icons from games long lost deleted. Pisses me off.

7. sf49lu

sf49lu Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    Sylvania, OH
    ya similar situation. wtf. the part that pisses me off is that ive tried everything. nothing works. **** apple. **** life

8. sf49lu

sf49lu Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    Sylvania, OH
    Anyone have a similar situation? looked all over google...couldn't find anything. If anyone has personal experience with this problem, please let me know.

9. sticktron

sticktron Well-Known Member

Have you tried searching Apple's own forums? They get a LOT of traffic, surely someone has had a similar error.

10. ikemike

ikemike Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2009
    Chicago
    Something similar happened to me and two of my movies, but I just input the artwork again and it was fixed.

11. MexicanJesus

MexicanJesus Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2009
    Just a guess as this has never happened to me but:

1. Plug in iPod and open iTunes
    2. Right click the tv show in iTunes from library and select "get info"
    3. Copy the artwork (if it is correct)
    4. Right click same tv show in iTunes from iPod and select "get info"
    5. Paste the artwork

I would try that, if you haavent already.

12. alza

alza Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2008
    Try downloading a random free app from the store, pause it halfway through the download and reset your phone. Then when you restart the icons should all be right and you can just delete the free app :)

13. Masmo

Masmo Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2009
    Overlord
    In your pants
    You're not the only one. Except this only affects my podcasts (I don't have any TV shows) Some of the podcasts also have their artwork switched..

14. Vovin

Vovin 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Nov 28, 2009
    Germany
    Uhm - no offense intended - but I wonder how you would react to a real life's problem? Going berserk on things like this is wasted energy, imho.

15. kohjingyu

kohjingyu Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2009
    Student/Developer
    Singapore
    Did you try restarting your iPod?