Subatomic Studios dead?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by stlredbird, Nov 18, 2015.

1. stlredbird

stlredbird Well-Known Member

May 21, 2009
    Was just playing FR2 again and got to wondering about 3 so i start googling the internets, only to make some disturbing discoveries.

They havent updated news on their site in a year.

No tweets since March.

Then i see this story that Flaregames is going to publish the next Fieldrunners and that its supposed to be out in 2015. The article also seems to say it will be free to play. I got sick just typing that last sentence.

http://venturebeat.com/2014/07/11/flaregames-to-publish-next-fieldrunners-game-from-subatomic-hope-its-not-too-hard/

Anyone know anything else?

2. Wreckhammer

Wreckhammer Member

Jul 7, 2012
    #2 Wreckhammer, Feb 16, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2016
    It doesn't look as if there is anything going on anymore, right?

The ingame news in Fieldrunners 2 is over 2,5 years old and we also never heard anything about that new Fieldrunners game that was supposed to launch last year.

And the Fieldrunners forum has been hacked for months, and no one has bothered to do anything about it.
    It is sad. :(

3. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
  4. kmacleod

kmacleod Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jul 1, 2009
    Artist / Writer / Designer
    California
    Sad if they did go under. Fieldrunners is a true classic iOS game, and still one of my favorite in the tower defense genre.

Didn't particularly care for Fieldrunners 2, personally, but I was still hoping they'd pull it together for a third entry...