Iphone4s or Android ?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by scottyd2k9, Apr 11, 2012.

1. scottyd2k9

scottyd2k9 Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2009
    Unemployed
    st helens (UK)
    Hi im getting a new phone soon on pay as you go, been saving up but i dont know wich to get, at the moment i have a nokia n8 an a 3g ipod touch but i want a new phone now so what do you guys think i should do

Thanks people ! :D :eek: ;)

2. tygamr

tygamr Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2010
    You could wait on the iPhone for now, because there may be a new one in a few months.

Between Android and iOS, it really depends on what you want. With Android, you get more customization options, but the interface isn't normally as good looking (depends on what brand and the model), and the AppStore isn't as good (unless you buy from Amazon's AppStore). With iOS, you get a fairly nice easily navigable interface, a better AppStore, but not as many customization options, and more hand holding.

Spec-wise, there are more powerful Android phones than the iPhone 4S, but Android phones are also outdated quicker. So, you might regret buying the Android phone you've got when a better one comes out a month later.

3. scottyd2k9

Dec 6, 2009
    Unemployed
    st helens (UK)
    Ok thanks yeah ino what you mean, good point, once one android comes out the one before is never heard of again lol. It's the same with my nokia n8, no one wants them now that the lumia 800 an n9 are out/coming out.

But iphone are still selling the iphone4 even though the new one has been out since october.

So yeah i might go with iphone4s then, i can sell my nokia an sell my ipod touch aswell..

4. Balu`

Balu` Well-Known Member

Aug 4, 2009
    Hungary
    Yeah, I'd especially agree with Tygamr on Android phones getting outdated quickly. That's for one very simple reason - Android isn't optimized (or barely), so they can only keep up decent UI speed by putting the newest hardware under the OS.
    Plus the manufacturers don't have enough people to create updates to the newest versions very quickly, so you'd miss out on the quick updating you might be used to on iOS.

5. AppVersal

AppVersal Member

Feb 29, 2012
    Definitely an iPhone 4S.

6. TiltMyTouch

TiltMyTouch Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2010
    Just wondering, how are you planning to get an iPhone 4S as a pay as you go phone?

7. scottyd2k9

Dec 6, 2009
    Unemployed
    st helens (UK)
    ???
    You've lost me !

I plan on going to a shop an buying a iphone on pay as you go

8. Teknikal

Teknikal Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Male
    Belfast N Ireland
    That's going to be expensive but I'm sure you already know that.

@TiltmyTouch In the UK at least you can get one on pay as you go as well as pretty much any other phone going but it does usually mean you have to buy the handset outright and in the case of the 4S that probably anywhere between £400 and £800 depending on model.

9. scottyd2k9

Dec 6, 2009
    Unemployed
    st helens (UK)
    it's 500.00 on vodafone i think wich im getting in 2 weeks, i got about 430.00 upto now !